KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Savannah (Ga.) captured its 28th No. 1 ranking in the latest edition of the 2019 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll, the national office announced Sunday.
Top 10 Highlights
- The Bees boast 28 all-time No. 1 rankings, which is the most all-time in NAIA women’s lacrosse.
- New to the poll this week: No. 8 Marian (Ind.) and No. 9 Concordia (Mich.)
- SCAD Savannah is the only team to be entire season ranked No. 1
- The rating committee is comprised of eight raters – two raters per conference/group.
- Each conference/group produces a conference rating from which raters will use to compile their national ballot. Only teams represented on the conference rating are eligible for the national ballot.
- Each rater will submit a top 15 ballot, which will be used to produce the Top 10 national rating and a list of other teams receiving votes.
- For the complete rating calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Division I and II Basketball Championships! Download the app HERE!
2019 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Preseason Top 10 Poll
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [FIST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||2-1||130|
|2||3||Benedictine (Kan.) ||6-0||122|
|10||9||Siena Heights (Mich.)||1-3||56|
Receiving Votes: Tennessee Wesleyan 49, Ave Maria (Fla.) 36, Point (Ga.) 28, Lourdes (Ohio) 27, Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 15, Ottawa (Kan.) 8, Life (Ga.) 4, St. Andrews (N.C.) 3