KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Jake Gallaher of Siena Heights (Mich.) was named as the NAIA men’s lacrosse offensive player of the week and Will Settle of Cumberlands (Ky.) was named as the NAIA men’s lacrosse defensive player of the week. The duo was chosen out of a pool of conference and group winners.
Offensive Player of the Week
Jake Gallaher, Siena Heights
5-6, FR, M, Fenton, Mich.
- Gallaher led his team to a win over Tennessee Wesleyan and was 62.% in face-offs during the two matches
- Weekly Stats
- Totaled 11 goals, 5.5 average
- Totaled 1 assist, 0.5 average
- Totaled 11 shots with 17 on goal
Defensive Player of the Week
Will Settle, Cumberlands
5-8, SO, G, Huntington, MD
- Settle was a key factor I the Patriots going 2-0 on the week against a pair of teams ranked #6 in the country and a career-high 17 saves against Siena Heights
- Weekly Stats
- Totaled 31 saves, 15.5 average
- Totaled 16 goals against, 8.0 average
- Totaled 3 turnovers, 1.5 average
- Totaled 8 ground balls, 4.0 average
Nominees: Jack Kandoth, Benedictine (Kan.
Nominees: Marco Olortegui, Keiser (Fla.) ; Fisher Nuss, Missouri Baptist ; Sam Werner, Aquinas (Mich.)
2018-19 Men's Lacrosse Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (February 27): Jake Padden, Reinhardt (Ga.) , Cole Gingell, Madonna (Mich.)
Week 2 (March 06): Jake Padden, Reinhardt (Ga.) , Bennett Jarrett, Reinhardt (Ga.)
Week 3 (March 13): Will Settle, Cumberlands (Ky.) , Jake Gallaher, Siena Heights (Mich.)