KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Mariners of Coastal Georgia pass Oklahoma City Stars to take the No. 1 spot in the second Top 25 of 2019 season.
Top 25 Highlights
- Coastal Georgia earns 14 of the 18 first-place votes
- The Mariners won the NAIA Battle at the Primm in Las Vegas on Tuesday finishing four strokes better than Keiser University and then-No.1 Oklahoma City.
- Victoria (B.C.) makes the biggest jump moving up five spots from No. 20 to No. 15.
- Morningside (Iowa), Loyola (La.) and Ottawa (Ariz.) are all new to the poll this week coming in at No. 23-25
- The Stars of Oklahoma City claimed three of the first places votes this week, falling to No. 2 from the No. 1 in the previous poll
- Oklahoma City continues to lead the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 120 consecutive appearances.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||2||Coastal Georgia ||495|
|2||1||Oklahoma City ||484|
|3||4||Dalton State (Ga.)||447|
|4||3||University of Northwestern Ohio ||446|
|8||7||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||384|
|9||9||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||379|
|10||11||Johnson & Wales (Fla.)||348|
|11||12||William Carey (Miss.)||328|
|19||15||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||201|
|21||21||William Woods (Mo.)||130|
Dropped from the Top 25: Tennessee Wesleyan, Carroll (Mont.)
Others Receiving Votes: Tennessee Wesleyan 91, Bellevue (Neb.) 61, Menlo (Calif.) 51, Mobile (Ala.) 41, Columbia (Mo.) 35, Carroll (Mont.) 33, Kansas Wesleyan 32, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 9, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 6, Corban (Ore.) 6, Arizona Christian 5, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) 5, Oklahoma Wesleyan 5, Lindesey Wilson (Ky.) 3, William Penn (Iowa) 3