KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Gabby Moran of Clarke (Iowa) was named as the NAIA women’s lacrosse offensive player of the week and Bailey Childs of Indiana Tech was named as the NAIA women’s defensive player of the week. The duo was chosen out of a pool of conference and group winners.
Offensive Player of the Week
Gabby Moran, Clarke
5-7, JR, M, Chicago, Ill.
- Moran helped lead her team to a 3-0 win last week with wins over St. Ambrose (Iowa), St. Mary (Kan.) and Midland (Neb.) and topped the 100 career goal mark.
- Weekly Stats
- Totaled 19 goals, 6.3 average
- Totaled 7 assists, 2.3 average
- Totaled 31 shots with 22 on goal
Defensive Player of the Week
Bailey Childs, Indiana Tech
5-4, SR, M, Savage, Minn.
- Childs helped her team to a 3-0 week with wins over No. 3 Cumberlands (Ky.), Madonna (Mich.) and Siena Heights (Mich.)
- Weekly Stats
- Totaled seven ground balls
- Totaled 18 draw controls
- Also added seven goals and three assists to her stat line
For more information on NAIA men’s volleyball, CLICK HERE
For a complete listing of all the national statistical leaders, CLICK HERE
Nominees: Jennifer Banks, Indiana Tech; Katie Yarish, Reinhardt (Ga.); Sydney Knego, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Kori Garland, Marian (Ind.)
Nominees: Umika Brewer, Point (Ga.); Erin Rauber, Benedictine (Kan.); Emma Devereaux, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Casey Monahan, Marian (Ind.)
2018-19 Women's Lacrosse Composite Award Winners (Offensive, Defensive)
Week 1 (February 27): Jessica Covell, Keiser (Fla.), Alexandra Millican, Point (Ga.)
Week 2 (March 06): Rachel Kidwell, Georgetown (Ky.), Avery Blackmon, Georgetown (Ky.)
Week 3 (March 13): Bridgett Simmer, Life (Ga.), Jaclyn Berry, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 4 (March 20): Olivia Stahl, SCAD Savannah (Ga.), Jaclyn Berry, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 5 (March 27): Casey Monahan, Marian (Ind.), Aiyanah Simms, Ave Maria (Fla.)
Week 6 (April 03): Bailey Childs, Indiana Tech, Gabby Moran, Clarke (Iowa)