KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Mariners of Coastal Georgia claim the No. 1 in the Top 25 for a second week in a row.
Top 25 Highlights
- No. 1 Coastal Georgia earns 17 of the 18 first-place votes
- Texas Wesleyan cracked the top three this week after winning the Desert Intercollegiate at Corban University (Ore.) this week
- No. 14 Oregon Tech and No. 18 William Woods both moved up three spots in the poll from their previous ranking.
- Menlo (Calif.) and Bellevue (Neb.) join the rankings this week at No. 24 and 25
- Bellevue (Neb.) and Southeastern (Fla.) are tied at 77 points earning them both the last spot in the Top 25
- Oklahoma City continues to lead the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 120 consecutive appearances.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 Men’s Volleyball Championship, Baseball World Series and Softball World Series! Download the app HERE!
|SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Coastal Georgia ||498|
|2||2||Oklahoma City ||482|
|4||3||Dalton State (Ga.)||446|
|6||4||University of Northwestern Ohio||419|
|8||9||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||387|
|9||8||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||380|
|10||10||Johnson & Wales (Fla.)||344|
|11||11||William Carey (Miss.)||343|
|18||21||William Woods (Mo.)||233|
|20||19||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||193|
Dropped from the Top 25: Mount Mercy (Iowa)
Others Receiving Votes: Kansas Wesleyan 64, Columbia (Mo.) 58, Mobile (Ala.) 51, Mount Mercy (Iowa) 36, Tennessee Wesleyan 23, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 21, Park (Mo.) 17, Oklahoma Wesleyan 13, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 12, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas) 11, Arizona Christian 10, Corban (Ore.) 5, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) 3