KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Seahawks of Keiser (Fla.) grabbed all 19 first-place votes to secure their No. 1 spot for the third Top 25 Poll of the spring season.
Top 25 Highlights
- The Seahawks earn the No. 1 spot with a scoring team average of 294-293-296
- The top eight stayed the same from the previous poll
- No. 11 Texas Wesleyan, No. 10 Rocky Mountain (Mont.) and No. 9 Victoria (B.C.) all moved up one spot
- There were no newcomers in the Top 25 this week
- No. 2 SCAD Savannah (Ga.) leads the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 81 consecutive appearances dating back to the 2007 season.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 Men’s Volleyball Championship, Baseball World Series and Softball World Series! Download the app HERE!
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Keiser (Fla.) ||529|
|2||2||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||512|
|3||3||William Carey (Miss.)||495|
|4||4||Dalton State (Ga.)||478|
|7||7||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||425|
|10||11||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||366|
|16||17||William Penn (Iowa)||273|
|20||22||University of Northwestern Ohio||219|
|21||19||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||196|
|25||25||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||125|
Other Receiving Votes: Indiana Wesleyan 101, Faulkner (Ala.) 99, Milligan (Tenn.) 63, Saint Francis (Ind.) 40, Tennessee Wesleyan 25, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 13, Bellevue (Neb.) 6, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 6, Bethel (Ind.) 3, Mount Mercy (Iowa) 3, Wayland Baptist (Texas) 1