KANSAS CITY, Mo. – For the seventh consecutive week, William Carey (Miss.) hung onto the No. 1 spot in the 2018 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll as the rest of the top five remains unchanged.
Top 25 Highlights
- William Carey continued its undefeated season with a 1-0 win over then-No. 20 Mobile (Ala.). The Crusaders and third-ranked Rio Grande (Ohio) are the last two unbeaten teams in the Top 25.
- The top five remained the same, although Oklahoma Wesleyan picked up an additional first-place vote after a 3-0 week that included a 4-1 win over then-No. 7 Missouri Valley.
- New to the poll this week are No. 18 William Penn (Iowa), No. 22 William Woods (Mo.) and No. 23 The Master’s (Calif.).
- MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.), Rocky Mountain (Mont.) and Mobile fell out of the poll this week.
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the record as the longest consecutively ranked active school at 125-straight polls, dating back to the first installment of the Top 25 in 2007.
RioGrande is second on the list with 115 consecutive polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for
second-placeand so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer
ratingscalendar, click here.
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.
2018 NAIA Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 Poll - No. 8 (Oct. 23)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL (FIRST-PLACE VOTES)||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||1||William Carey (Miss.) (9)||14-0-0||490|
|2||2||Oklahoma Wesleyan (8)||14-1-0||489|
|3||3||Rio Grande (Ohio) (1)||14-0-0||462|
|5||5||Central Methodist (Mo.)||13-1-2||440|
|7||8||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||14-1-0||400|
|8||9||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||10-2-1||375|
|11||11||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||11-2-0||347|
|12||14||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||14-3-0||312|
|17||21||University of Northwestern Ohio||12-2-2||239|
|18||NR||William Penn (Iowa)||13-3-0||186|
|21||18||Southwestern Christian (Okla.)||12-2-1||143|
|22||NR||William Woods (Mo.)||11-2-3||130|
|23||NR||The Master's (Calif.)||12-4-0||111|
|25||23||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||11-3-0||106|
Dropped out: MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Mobile (Ala.)
Receiving votes: MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) 94, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 60, WVU Tech 58, Florida College 54, Marymount California 41, Mobile (Ala.) 31, Georgia Gwinnett 30, Arizona Christian 26, Madonna (Mich.) 23, Columbia (Mo.) 13, Kansas Wesleyan 11, Point (Ga.) 9, Houston-Victoria (Texas) 8, Grace (Ind.) 8, Science & Arts (Okla.) 7, Indiana Tech 4, Menlo (Calif.) 3, Cumberland (Tenn.) 3