NAIA Conference Character Committee
NAIA Conference Character Committees are dedicated to promoting Champions of Character®
Ongoing training and professional development for conference coaches, athletics administrative staff and student-athletes
- Remind Conference athletic directors that all coaches need to complete Character-Driven Coaching.
Hospitality & Game Management
Of conference athletics events including conduct in competition
- Set and communicate expectations for hospitality and game management.
- Work with the Conduct and Competition Committee that reviews ejection and suspension reports to create programming for areas of concern.
- Establish procedures for responding to extreme behavior, including a crisis management plan.
Share the Character Message
Conference-wide Champions of Character event to share the message
- Hold a sports summit to bring together the supervisor of officials, athletic director, coaches, and captains to discuss game experience expectations and issues for a particular sport.
- Share the Champions of Character message during your conference championship or Conference-wide servant leadership project.
Promote & Recognize Character
With awards and recognition of conference officials, athletics directors, coaches and student-athletes
- Coordinate Champions of Character National Awards for your Conference
- Recognize officials, Athletic Directors, coaches and student-athletes for demonstrating character with individual and Champions of Character
All ConferenceTeam awards.
- Create a Champions of Character page for your Conference website (use official sample)