By Jed Flemming, Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. – In the final regular-season edition, undefeated Southeastern (Fla.) remains atop the rankings as the No. 1 team in the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Wednesday. The Fire earned eleven first-place votes and 312 total points to remain in control.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2017-18 NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll-Final (Feb. 28)
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||Record||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Southeastern (Fla.) ||29-0||312|
|2||2||Concordia (Neb.) ||32-1||302|
|3||3||College of the Ozarks (Mo.)||30-1||292|
|4||4||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||29-2||282|
|7||8||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||27-2||252|
|14||16||Valley City State (N.D.)||25-4||176|
|16||14||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||23-9||166|
|18||17||Northwest Christian (Ore.)||23-6||141|
|19||19||St. Francis (Ill.)||20-9||120|
|20||22||Rio Grande (Ohio)||30-3||118|
|21||20||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||25-6||113|
|24||24||Antelope Valley (Calif.)||22-6||77|
Others receiving votes: Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 41; Indiana East 32; Bellevue (Neb.) 23; St. Thomas (Fla.) 21; Concordia (Mich.) 18; Oklahoma Wesleyan 17; Oregon Tech 11; Tabor (Kan.) 8; Alice Lloyd (Ky.) 8; Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 5; Stillman (Ala.) 4