KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The reigning champions, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) claimed the No. 1 spot in the first edition of the 2018-19 NAIA Women’s Swim & Dive Coaches’ Top 10 Poll, the national office announced on Thursday.
Top 10 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- The Bees were ranked No. 1 throughout the entire 2017-18 season. The last time that SCAD Savannah was ranked at No. 1 for the entire season was the 2015-16 campaign.
- No. 6 Indiana Wesleyan and No. 9 St. Ambrose (Iowa) are new to the poll this time after not landing in the Postseason Top 10 poll.
- SCAD Savannah holds the longest active streak in the Top 10 with 37 total appearances since the team’s first appearance in 2009.
- There have been five programs that have been able to maintain the No. 1 ranking for an entire season: SCAD Savannah (2015-16, 2017-18) and former members Oklahoma Baptist (2014-15), Fresno Pacific (Calif.) (2009-10, 2011-12), California Baptist (2005-06) and Simon Fraser (B.C.) (2002-03, 2003-04). SCAD Savannah, Fresno Pacific
andSimon Fraser are the only teams have a No. 1 rank for two different seasons.
- SCAD Savannah has received the most No. 1 rankings in NAIA women’s swimming & diving history.
- Top 10 team ratings will be recommended to the NAIA National Office by a Coaches’ Presidential committee. This committee will conduct the Top 10 rating five times during the season.
- The postseason poll is determined by the final places of the teams at the national championship.
- The Committee will consist of seven current NAIA Swimming and Diving Coaches. The committee will use the most current “top times” as the primary source of ranking. To view the top times, CLICK HERE
- For the complete
ratingscalendar, CLICK HERE
2018-19 NAIA Women’s Swim & Dive Coaches’ Top 10 Poll – No. 1 (Oct. 25)
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||70|
|4||4||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||43|
|6||2||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||30|
|7||7||College of Idaho||22|
|10||NR||St. Ambrose (Iowa)||8|
Receiving Votes: Asbury (Ky.), Milligan (Tenn.) and Bethel (Tenn.)