KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Science & Arts (Okla.) surpassed fellow Sooner Athletic Conference member, Oklahoma City, claiming the No. 1 spot in the Top 25.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- Defending national champions, Science & Arts is currently undefeated on the season with a 17-0 record. The Drovers return most of their key contributors from their national championship team. That includes 2018 NFCA/NAIA Player of the Year Emily Cerny (33-4, 1.15 EA, 298 Ks).
- Five teams joined the Top 25 this week including No. 13 USC Beaufort (S.C.), No. 18 Lyon (Ark.), No. 19 Baker (Kan.), No. 20 Houston-Victoria (Texas), and No. 24 Warner (Fla.)
- Oklahoma City claimed the No. 2 spot with a current overall record of 20-2.
- No. 13 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) moves up five spots for the Coaches’ Top 25 Preseason Poll.
- Valley City State (N.D.) made the biggest improvement in this week’s poll jumping 14 spots from the previous week. Valley City State is currently 17-1 overall on their season
- Oklahoma City leads all active schools with 137-straight rankings, falling no lower than 18th during that stretch. No. 8 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) at 61 straight appearances on the rankings.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- The frequency of polls occurs bi-weekly.
- For the complete calendar of 2019 Top 25 Polls, click here.
|RANK||PRESEASON RANK||SCHOOL||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||2||Science & Arts (Okla.)||17-0||529|
|7||9||Hope International (Calif.)||21-4||427|
|8||13||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||10-0||383|
|11||25||Valley City State (N.D.)||17-1||334|
|13||NR||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||19-3||307|
|15||17||William Carey (Miss.)||9-3||298|
|23||15||St. Francis (Ill.)||8-4||166|
DROPPED OUT: Columbia (Mo.), Grand View (Iowa), Faulkner (Ala.), Central Methodist (Mo.)
RECEIVING VOTES: LSU Alexandria (La.) 85, Columbia (Mo.) 72, Brenau (Ga.) 67, Grand View (Iowa) 60, College of Idaho 36, Faulkner (Ala.) 32, Simpson (Calif.) 25, Saint Xavier (Ill.) 19, Central Methodist (Mo.) 16, University of Northwestern (Ohio) 13, Cumberland (Tenn.) 9, Rio Grande (Ohio) 8, McPherson (Kan.) 6, Webber International (Fla.) 5, Morningside (Iowa) 3, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 3
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Division I Basketball Championships! Download the app HERE!