KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Science & Arts of Oklahoma extend their perfect record to 49-0 to remain in No. 1 spot in the latest edition of the Coaches’ Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights
- No. 1 Science & Arts (Okla.) continues their winning streak to 49-0. The Drovers are led by Emily Cerny who has been named the NAIA National Pitcher of the week three times this season.
- The Drovers clinched all 19 first places votes this week
- New to the poll this week: No. 23 Columbia (Mo.)
- No. 2 Oklahoma City leads all active schools with 139-straight rankings, falling no lower than 18th during that stretch. William Carey (Miss.) follows with the second longest streak with 103-straight rankings. No. 8 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) is next 63 straight appearances on the rankings.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- The frequency of polls occurs bi-weekly.
- For the complete calendar of 2019 Top 25 Polls, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 Baseball and Softball World Series’! Download the app HERE!
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||1||Science & Arts (Okla.) ||49-0||529|
|5||6||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||38-2||466|
|7||8||Valley City State (N.D.)||38-3||428|
|12||9||Hope International (Calif.)||39-12||326|
|14||15||William Carey (Miss.)||34-10||305|
|18||24||Grand View (Iowa)||37-6||256|
|20||19||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||35-9||210|
|21||22||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||32-8||187|
|25||23||Central Baptist (Ark.)||33-14||94|
RECEIVING VOTES: LSU Alexandria (La.) 92, Taylor (Ind.) 44, College of Idaho 43, Rio Grande (Ohio) 38, Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 34, Bellevue (Neb.) 32, St. Francis (Ill.) 29, Brenau (Ga.) 25, Marymount California 9, Morningside (Iowa) 5, Central Methodist (Mo.) 4, Arizona Christian 3, McPherson (Kan.) 3