KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Science & Arts of Oklahoma earn 15 of the 19 first place votes in the final poll to claim the No. 1 spot.
Top 25 Highlights
- No. 1 Science & Arts (Okla.) collected their first loss of the season against No. 3 Oklahoma City off of an unearned run.
- The Drovers clinched all 15 first places votes this week. Allowing No. 2 Marian to collect four.
- No. 2 Marian ends regular season as the only school with a perfect record, finishing 48-0.
- No. 1 through No. 5 stayed the same for the final poll.
- Baker cracked the top 15 moving up from No. 19 in the previous poll.
- Four newcomers joined the poll including No. 22 College of Idaho, No. 23 Bellevue (Neb.), No. 24 Morningside (Iowa), and No. 25 Brenau (Ga.)
- No. 2 Oklahoma City leads all active schools with 140-straight rankings, falling no lower than 18th during that stretch. William Carey (Miss.) follows with the second longest streak with 104-straight rankings. No. 5 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) is next 64 straight appearances on the rankings.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- The frequency of polls occurs bi-weekly.
- For the complete calendar of 2019 Top 25 Polls, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 Baseball and Softball World Series’! Download the app HERE!
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Science & Arts (Okla.) ||52-1||526|
|2||2||Marian (Ind.) ||48-0||513|
|5||5||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||46-2||469|
|6||7||Valley City State (N.D.)||51-3||436|
|11||12||Hope International (Calif.)||44-12||354|
|16||21||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||38-8||256|
|17||14||William Carey (Miss.)||36-14||255|
|19||20||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||40-11||225|
|21||18||Grand View (Iowa)||44-10||208|
|22||NR||College of Idaho||38-15||140|
RECEIVING VOTES: Corban (Ore.) 83, Central Baptist (Ark.) 59, Taylor (Ind.) 57, LSU Alexandria (La.) 48, Marymount California 46, Siena Heights (Mich.) 26, St. Francis (Ill.) 22, Rio Grande (Ohio) 18, Coastal Georgia 14, Tennessee Wesleyan 10, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 3, Central Methodist (Mo.) 3