2015-16 NAIA Menís Swimmer/Diver of the Month Ė No. 2 (Jan. 21)
January 21, 2016
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Joel Ax of SCAD Savannah (Ga.) has been named the NAIA Men’s Swimmer/Diver of the Month, the national office announced Thursday. Ax was selected for his performance from Dec. 14 – Jan. 20.
National Swimmer of the Month
Joel Ax, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
Jr., Idstein, Germany
• Continues to lead his team over the past month, picking up four individual wins and helping in relays against NCAA Division I Limestone (S.C.) and NCAA Division I Gardner-Webb (S.C.).
• Helped his team to a great start by anchoring and winning the 200 medley relay at the Converse Quad on Jan. 9.
• Hit a national “A” qualifying standard in all 22 of his individual events that he competed in.
• Holds the fasted time in the NAIA 50 freestyle, 100 freestyle, 200 freestyle, 500 freestyle and 1650 freestyle.
• Achieved national “A” qualifying standard times in all relays competed in.
Nominees: Daniil Kuzmin of Olivet Nazarene (Ill.), Keith Jessee of Asbury (Ky.), Vladislav Khoroletc of Cumberlands (Ky.), Clemens Patzold of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
2015-16 Men’s Swimming & Diving Composite Award Winners
December: Clemens Patzold, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
January: Joel Ax, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)