2016 NAIA Women’s Golfer of the Week – No. 1 (March 23)
By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Cassidy Gibson of Milligan (Tenn.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Golfer of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Gibson was selected based on her performances from March 14 – 20 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Golfer of the Week
Cassidy Gibson, Milligan (Tenn.)
Jr., Newport, Tenn.
• Shot a 142 for a second place finish out of 73 golfers in the Callaway Gardens Lake View Skyhawk Invitational in Pine Mountain, Ga.
• Carded the first under-par round by a women’s golfer in Milligan history with a 70 in round two.
• The two-day total of 146 was also a Milligan records.
• Helped team capture third tournament victory of the season.
• This is her first career player of the week honor.
Nominees: Celia Mansour, William Woods (Mo.) ; Jenna Jensen, Corban (Ore.) ; Emily Tilton, Marian (Ind.) ; Lucy Clark, Culver-Stockton (Mo.) ; Alexis Miller, Graceland (Iowa) ; Breanna Nowak, Indiana East ; Shayna Cockrill, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) ; Maria Saavedra, Bellevue (Neb.) ; Alex Schies, Texas Wesleyan ; Katie Dalton, Dalton State (Ga.) ; Heather Nail, Mobile (Ala.) ; Elsa Westin, Keiser (Fla.) ; Mariona Maeso, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ; Franzi Knoetsch, USC Beaufort (S.C.)
2015-16 Women's Golf Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 23): Cassidy Gibson, Milligan (Tenn.)