2016 NAIA Menís Tennis Player of the Week Ė No. 6 (April 27)
By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Vincent Dubosclard of Auburn Montgomery (Ala.) has been named the NAIA National Men's Tennis Player of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. He was selected based on his performances from April 18 - 24 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Tennis Player of the Week
Vincent Dubosclard, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.)
Jr., Paris, France
• Recorded singles victories against Top 25 teams including, Joe Bray from No. 5 Dalton State (Ga.) (6-1, 6-3) and Justin Seller of No. 8 Coastal Georgia (6-2, 6-2).
• Helped his team to a 12th-consecutive Southern States Athletic Conference tournament championship. The club swept Loyola (La.), 9-0, Coastal Georgia, 5-0 and Dalton State, 5-0.
• Went unbeaten in both singles and doubles on the week.
• Owns a 16-4 singles record and 15-5 doubles record.
• This is his first career player of the week honor.
• The third individual from Auburn Montgomery to claim weekly honors
Nominees: Stefan Simic, William Woods (Mo.); Tyler Abbott, Indiana Wesleyan; Quentin Wacquez, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho); Dakota Burns, Hastings (Neb.); Karan Salwan , Xavier (La.); Stefano Benedetti, Missouri Valley; Joan-Marc Fajula Rodriguez, McPherson (Kan.); Aaron Moses, Jr., Bethany (Kan.); Connor Kramer, Indiana East; Julian Tellez, Asbury (Ky.); Denis Porcic, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Ariez Heshaam, Cumberlands (Ky.); Tim Buehler, Mobile (Ala.); Arthur Bonnaud, Keiser (Fla.)
2015-16 Men's Tennis Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 23): Birkir Gunnarsson, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.)
Week 2 (March 30): Raul Mendez, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 3 (April 06): Luis Vivas, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.)
Week 4 (April 13): Gilad Berman, Georgia Gwinnett
Week 5 (April 20): Ariez Heshaam, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Week 6 (April 27): Vincent Dubosclard, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.)