KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Alicia Olson of Viterbo (Wis.) has been named the NAIA Volleyball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Olson was selected based on her performances from Oct. 6 – 12 and was chosen out of a pool of conference player of the week selections.
National Player of the Week
Alicia Olson, Viterbo (Wis.)
Sr., OH, Eau Claire, Wis.
• Led the seventh-ranked V-Hawks to a 5-0 week that included a sweep of then-No. 15 Davenport (Mich.) on Oct. 10.
• Reached at least 20 kills in three-of-five matches.
• Posted double-doubles against Davenport – 14 kills and 13 digs – and Campbellsville (Ky.) – 20 kills and 11 digs.
• Averaged 6.13 kills and 2.87 digs per set for the week.
• Totaled 12 blocks.
• Named to the Davenport University Panther Invitational All-Tournament team.
• Leads the NAIA with 510 kills.
• Earns first National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Juliana Barros, Park (Mo.); Paige Moore, Union (Ky.); Amanda Loeffler, Pacific Union (Calif.); Sierra Porter, College of Idaho; Vanessa Owusu, Roosevelt (Ill.); Ashlen Buck, Indiana Wesleyan; Kendra Mendicino, Montana Western; Rachel Flynn, Concordia (Calif.); Logan Drueppel, Hastings (Neb.); Christal Hollins, Southern-New Orleans (La.); Ashley Hausmann, Graceland (Iowa); Danielle Tombolato, Ashford (Iowa); Melissa Blair, Kansas Wesleyan; Sarah Sterling, Asbury (Ky.); Jordan Strickland, St. Catharine (Ky.); Aspen Sheperd, Haskell (Kan.); Alaina Brown, Jamestown (N.D.); Vanja Joksic, Texas at Brownsville; Shahala Hawkins, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Cayley Meiners, Coastal Georgia; Carly Durr, St. Thomas (Fla.); Kasey Clark, Lawrence Tech (Mich.)
2014 NAIA Volleyball Players of the Week (complete schedule)
Week 1 (Sept. 9) – Yang Yang, Rocky Mountain (Mont.)
Week 2 (Sept. 16) – Wendy Romero, Park (Mo.)
Week 3 (Sept. 23) – Erynn Schuh, Trinity Christian (Ill.)
Week 4 (Sept. 30) – Wendy Romero, Park (Mo.)
Week 5 (Oct. 7) – Christa Hill, Ottawa (Kan.)
Week 6 (Oct. 14) – Alicia Olson, Viterbo (Wis.)