KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Brooke Simpson of Columbia (Mo.) has been named the NAIA Volleyball National Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Simpson was selected based on her performances from Oct. 20 – 26 and was chosen out of a pool of conference player of the week selections.
National Player of the Week
Brooke Simpson, Columbia (Mo.)
Sr., OH, Scott City, Mo.
• Named the Most Valuable Player at the Boneyard Brawl in Georgetown, Ky., after leading the Cougars to a 4-0 record at the event, which included wins against No. 17 Georgetown (Ky.) and No. 9 Viterbo (Wis.).
• Averaged 3.63 kills and 4.26 digs per set.
• Registered double-doubles in all five contests, including an 18-kill, 16-dig performance against Indiana Wesleyan.
• Totaled four assists, three service aces and one block for the week.
• Hit .650 in Columbia’s lone America Midwest Conference game of the week against Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.) on Oct. 21.
• Ranks 15th nationally in total kills.
• Earns first career National Player of the Week honor
• Last Columbia player to be named National Player of the Week: Paula Ferreira (Sept. 25, 2012)
• Fourth individual from the American Midwest Conference to earn National Player of the Week.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Angelica Arroyo, St. Andrews (N.C.); Jessica DeOcampo, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.); Lindsey Dorsey, Concordia (Ore.); Erynn Schuh, Trinity Christian (Ill.); Morgan Miller, Indiana Wesleyan; Alexis Aalona, Westminster (Utah); Joclyn Kirton, Biola (Calif.); Tiegen Skains, Concordia (Neb.); Samantha Comet, Philander Smith (Ark.); Kendra Martin, Graceland (Iowa); Victoria Day, Ashford (Iowa); Christa Hill, Ottawa (Kan.); Mallory Livingston, Indiana East; Jordan Strickland, St. Catharine (Ky.); Emily Kirchner, Oklahoma Wesleyan; Alicia Olson, Viterbo (Wis.); Natasha Malana, Dickinson State (N.D.); Regina Trapp, St. Thomas (Texas); Kristen Macy, Oklahoma City; Rachel Amundson, Coastal Georgia; Jennifer Beatty, Embry-Riddle (Fla.); Hailey Rosinski, Northwestern Ohio.
2014 NAIA Volleyball Players of the Week (complete schedule)
Week 1 (Sept. 9) – Yang Yang, Rocky Mountain (Mont.)
Week 2 (Sept. 16) – Wendy Romero, Park (Mo.)
Week 3 (Sept. 23) – Erynn Schuh, Trinity Christian (Ill.)
Week 4 (Sept. 30) – Wendy Romero, Park (Mo.)
Week 5 (Oct. 7) – Christa Hill, Ottawa (Kan.)
Week 6 (Oct. 14) – Alicia Olson, Viterbo (Wis.)
Week 7 (Oct. 21) – Ally Krus, Missouri Baptist
Week 8 (Oct. 28) – Brooke Simpson, Columbia (Mo.)