NAIA Menís Soccer Players of the Week Ė No. 9 (Nov. 4)
By Chad Waller, Director of Communications and Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Xavier Audergon of Mobile (Ala.) has been named the NAIA National Men’s Soccer Defensive Player of the Week and Alan Craig of Midland (Neb.) has been named the NAIA National Men’s Soccer Offensive Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Alan Craig, Midland (Neb.)
5-8, Sr., F, Monifieth, Scotland
• Scored a hat trick in Midland’s 5-2 season-ending victory over Briar Cliff (Iowa) on Senior Night.
• Added two goals earlier in the week against Nebraska Wesleyan.
• Became Midland's new all-time leading scorer with 41 career goals.
• Craig ranks sixth in the Great Plains Athletic Conference with 19 total points.
• First career NAIA National Offensive Player of the Week award.
• First Player of the Week award for a Midland men’s soccer player since Oct. 8, 2014 (Shazz Heale).
National Defensive Player of the Week
Xavier Audergon, Mobile (Ala.)
6-1, Sr., GK, Lyon, France
• Recorded his eighth shutout in 1-0 victory over defending national championship Martin Methodist (Tenn.).
• Made eight saves as part of a 3-2 win over then-No. 6 Auburn Montgomery (Ala.).
• Helped the Rams earn the Southern States Athletic Conference regular-season championship.
• Audergon has eight shutouts on the season and 67 saves.
• First career NAIA National Defensive Player of the Week award.
• First Player of the Week award for a Mobile men’s soccer player since Oct. 23, 2012 (Gaetan Massiah).
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Cesar Acosta, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Jon Ander, St. Andrews (N.C.); Cody Golbad, UC Merced; Timur Zhividze, Concordia (Ore.); Paddy Hoepp, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Tyrone Martin, Indiana Wesleyan; Connor Thompson, Westminster (Utah); Jesus Fregoso, Vanguard (Calif.); Eddie Morales, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Hugo Pereira Chiaradia, Friends (Kan.); Lucas Silva, Point Park (Pa.); Max Bristow, St. Catharine (Ky.); Tobias Maertzke, Bellevue (Neb.); Michael Ohioze, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Jacob Scotte-Hatherly, Jamestown (N.D.); Robert Alexe, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Jean Gnapi, Science & Arts (Okla.); Gaetan Massiah, Mobile (Ala.); Taylor Katsanis, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Carlos Suarez, Northwestern Ohio.
Defensive Nominees: Ryan Miller, Park (Mo.); Josh Oldroyd, Bryan (Tenn.); Heriberto Diaz, UC Merced; Angel Guerra, Evergreen (Wash.); Chris Taborn, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Dean Nafziger, Goshen (Ind.); Paul Sliwa, Great Falls (Mont.); Brandon Gomez, Vanguard (Calif.); Casey Clark, Doane (Neb.); Yann Passet, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Brian Redmond, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Harry Robinson, Kansas Wesleyan; Romain Terzian, Rio Grande (Ohio); Cj Powell, St. Catharine (Ky.); Vinny Braga, Bellevue (Neb.); G. Kempf-heitlinger, Mount Mercy (Iowa); Kody Duncan, Jamestown (N.D.); Axel Svenson, Texas at Brownsville; Arturo Sanchez, Texas Wesleyan; Leo Viala, Warner (Fla.); Nick Hopkins, Cornerstone (Mich.).
2014 Men's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (September 10): Conor Cable, William Woods (Mo.); Dzenan Catic, Davenport (Mich.)
Week 2 (September 17): Blessing Ngwa, Kansas Wesleyan; Severin Abt, Thomas (Ga.)
Week 3 (September 24): Paul Carr, Point Park (Pa.); Angel Mora, Cal State San Marcos
Week 4 (October 1): Andy Clark, Union (Ky.); Akram El-Nady, Kansas Wesleyan
Week 5 (October 8): Shazz Heale, Midland (Neb.); Humphrey Mahowa, The Master's (Calif.)
Week 6 (October 15): Casey Clark, Doane (Neb.); Dzenan Catic, Davenport (Mich.)
Week 7 (October 22): Alex Guyer, Hastings (Neb.); Tyler Gahara, Fisher (Mass.)
Week 8 (October 28): Marcel Schmid, Madonna (Mich.); Michael Fulton, Martin Methodist (Tenn.)
Week 9 (November 4): Xavier Audergon, Mobile (Ala.); Alan Craig, Midland (Neb.)