NAIA Division I Menís Basketball Player of the Week Ė No. 3
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Damontre Harris of Campbellsville (Ky.) has been named the NAIA National Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which captures statistics from Jan. 12 – 18, is the third of the 2014-15 season.
National Player of the Week
Damontre Harris, Campbellsville (Ky.)
6-10, Sr., F, Fayetteville, N.C.
• Recorded the first triple-double of the season for NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball with 11 points, 19 rebounds and 11 blocks in the Tigers’ 82-72 win against Life (Ga.) on Jan. 15. His rebound and block totals were both career-highs.
• Three days prior, Harris scored 14 points and grabbed 16 rebounds to help guide Campbellsville to an 82-64 victory against Fisk (Tenn.). He also had five blocks and three steals in the contest.
• Averaged 12.5 points, 17.5 rebounds, 8.0 blocks, 4.0 steals and 2.0 assists for the week.
• Shot 41.2 percent (7-for-17) from the field and was 11-for-14 (78.6 percent) at the charity stripe.
• Now has 10 double-doubles.
• Harris’ 73 blocks are the most of any NAIA or NCAA player this season.
• First career National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Korry Tillery, Evangel (Mo.); Tevin Howard, Williams Baptist (Ark.); Geo Brewer, Bacone (Okla.); T.j. Harris, Great Falls (Mont.); Rishaad Alexander, SAGU (Texas); Nathaniel Hill, Edward Waters (Fla.); Jordan Bedford, Belhaven (Miss.); Daniel Carlin, Westmont (Calif.).
2014-15 Division I Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Korry Tillery, Evangel (Mo.)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Ta'Quan McDew, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Damontre Harris, Campbellsville (Ky.)