NAIA Division II Menís Basketball Player of the Week Ė No. 4 (Jan. 27)
By Chad Waller, Director of Communications & Sports Information
Picture courtesy of Bethel Athletics
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – For the second-straight week, a Bethel (Ind.) player is nationally recognized as Clay Yeo has been named the NAIA National Division II Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which captures statistics from Jan. 19 – 25, is the fourth of the 2014-15 season. Yeo was chosen out of a group of conference award winners.
National Player of the Week
Clay Yeo, Bethel (Ind.)
6-5, So., G, Bourbon, Ind.
• Yeo put up averages of 25.0 points, 10.0 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.5 blocks during a week that saw Bethel win twice, including an 88-85 upset of then-No. 1 Indiana Wesleyan on Jan. 24 in the NAIA Game of the Week.
• Also shot 63.0 percent (17-of-27) from the floor, 6-of-10 (.600) from 3-point land and 10-of-10 (1.000) on free throw attempts.
• Posted a career-tying 31 points, to go along with a season-best 14 rebounds, four assists, three blocks and two assists in 70-50 win over Taylor (Ind.) on Jan. 20. That effort was his second double-double on the year.
• The 31-point performance was his third game of at least 30 points this year.
• Connected on the game-deciding 3-pointer in the road win at Indiana Wesleyan – it was his second of the game.
• Yeo has hit for 10 points-or-more in all 22 games this year.
• Yeo ranks No. 11 in the NAIA in 3-point field goal percentage (.480) and No. 12 in scoring (21.8 ppg).
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Dominez Burnett, Davenport (Mich.); Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.); James Boonstoppel, Mount Mercy (Iowa); Brequan Tucker, Jamestown (N.D.); Derek Daniels, College of the Ozarks (Mo.); J'quayveon Williams, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Ricardo Suarez, Johnson & Wales (Fla.); Trey Bardsley, Nebraska Wesleyan; Kyle Lamb, Asbury (Ky.); Kameron Hoyt, Cal Maritime; Cyrus Ward, Corban (Ore.); Thomas Amrine, Trinity International (Ill.).
2014-15 Division II Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Chandler Folkerts, Concordia (Neb.)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.)
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Matt Schauss, Bethel (Ind.)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Clay Yeo, Bethel (Ind.)