KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Janis Peterson of Concordia (Calif.) has been named the NAIA National Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which encompasses performances from Jan. 19 – 25, is the fourth of the 2014-15 season. Peterson was selected out of a pool of conference player of the week selections.
National Player of the Week
Janis Peterson, Concordia (Calif.)
6-1, Sr., G, San Francisco, Calif.
• Led No. 9 Concordia to an 88-83 overtime win against No. 11 Vanguard (Calif.), scoring 32 points. The victory was the first for the Eagles on Vanguard’s home court since 2001.
• Shot 60.0 percent (12-of-20) from the floor, in addition to pulling down seven rebounds.
• Converted 7-of-10 free throw attempts.
• Leads the Golden State Athletic Conference and is second in the NAIA with a 22.5 points per game scoring average.
• Earns first career National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Kourtney Pennywell, LSU Shreveport (La.); Tia Pappas, Westminster (Utah); Brandy Broome, Southern-New Orleans (La.); Tayla Foster, Bethel (Tenn.); Ashleigh Hurd-spencer, Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.); Daria Sprew, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Khalilah Quigley, Pikeville (Ky.); Kim Hayes, Southwestern Christian (Okla.).
2014-15 Division I Women’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Ajha Edwards, Montana State-Northern
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Ajha Edwards, Montana State-Northern
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Chayla Rutledge, Benedictine (Kan.)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Janis Peterson, Concordia (Calif.)