NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week – No. 5 (Feb. 3)
By Mike DeVader, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Patrice McBee of Purdue Calumet (Ind.) has been named the NAIA National Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. McBee was selected out of a group of conference winners for her performances from Jan. 26 – Feb. 1. This award is the fifth of the 2014-15 season.
National Player of the Week
Patrice McBee, Purdue Calumet (Ind.)
6-3, Jr., F, Culver, Ind.
• In two games this week, McBee averaged 19.5 points and 19.5 boards, helping the No. 8 Peregrines to a 2-0 record.
• The junior shot a combined 16-of-26 from the floor (61.5 percent) and was 7-for-9 from the charity stripe.
• In a 106-96 victory over Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) on Feb 1, the Culver, Ind., native scored 20 points and set a new program and career-high in rebounds with 24.
• McBee has led Division II in field goal percentage all season, currently shooting 67.7 percent from the field. She now has 11 double-doubles on the year.
• Becomes Purdue Calumet’s first Player of the Week award recipient.
The sixth National Women’s Basketball Player of the Week will be announced Feb. 10.
Nominees: Jill Hendrickson, Cornerstone (Mich.); Bailey Brown, McPherson (Kan.); Dereese Owens, Point (Ga.); Jenine Coriz, Haskell (Kan.); Jenna Lundon, Mayville State (N.D.); Alexis Payne, Rio Grande (Ohio); Alyssa Phillips, William Penn (Iowa); Katrina Blackmon, Indiana Wesleyan; Dannisha Pierce, St. Thomas (Fla.); Paige O'Neal, Northwestern (Iowa); Tara Van Weerdhuizen, Corban (Ore.); Laurel Donnenwirth, Menlo (Calif.).
2014-15 Women's Basketball Division II Composite Award Winners (Schedule)
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Dannisha Pierce, St. Thomas (Fla.)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Yolanda De La Torre, Robert Morris (Ill.)
Week 3 (Jan. 21): Akyah Taylor, Saint Francis (Ind.)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Tia King, IU East (Ind.)
Week 5 (Feb. 3): Patrice McBee, Purdue Calumet (Ind.)