NAIA Division I Menís Basketball Player of the Week Ė No. 7 (Feb. 17)
By Chad Waller, Director of Communications and Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kenny Manigault of Pikeville (Ky.) has been named the NAIA National Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which captures statistics from Feb. 9 – Feb. 15, is the seventh edition of the 2014-15 season.
National Player of the Week
Kenny Manigault, Pikeville (Ky.)
6-5, Sr., F, Ridgeville, S.C.
• Manigault was part of two wins for the fourth-ranked Bears last week – against Campbellsville (Ky.) on Feb. 12 and over St. Catharine (Ky.) on Feb. 14.
• He posted averages of 24.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 4.0 steals. He shot 48.4 percent (15-of-31) from the field.
• The highlight of his week came in the 90-86 win over No. 6 Campbellsville. He rattled home 33 points – second-highest output of the year – on 11-of-20 shooting. He added eight rebounds, six assists and six steals. He buried five 3-pointers, which is three more than his previous career-best.
• Finished with 16 points, including 7-of-7 from the foul line, to go along with four rebounds in victory over St. Catharine.
• With the pair of double-digit scoring efforts, Manigault now has reached at least 10 points in 23-of-25 games this season.
• Manigault ranks No. 1 in the NAIA in steals per game (2.6), No. 21 in scoring (19.2) and No. 33 in rebounding (7.6).
• Stands No. 3 in the Mid-South Conference in scoring and tied for third in rebounding.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Dexter Williams Jr., Montana Western; Shai Fields, Huston-Tillotson (Texas); Martin Thomas, Concordia (Calif.); Craig Anderson, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Korry Tillery, Evangel (Mo.); Brandon Peters, Talladega (Ala.); Jordan Bedford, Belhaven (Miss.); Semar Farris, Mid-America Christian (Okla.).
2014-15 Division I Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Korry Tillery, Evangel (Mo.)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Ta'Quan McDew, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Damontre Harris, Campbellsville (Ky.)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Kelsey Howard, Tougaloo (Miss.)
Week 5 (Feb. 3): D'on Hall, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 6 (Feb. 10): Jacob Wiley, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)
Week 7 (Feb. 17): Kenny Manigault, Pikeville (Ky.)