NAIA Women's Swimmer of the Month – No. 3 (Feb. 25)
By Mike DeVader, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Charlotte Parent of Cumberlands (Ky.) has been named the NAIA Women's Swimmer of the Month, the national office announced Wednesday. Parent was selected for her performances from Feb. 2 – 22. This is the third and final swimming award of the 2014-15 season.
National Swimmer of the Month
Charlotte Parent of Cumberlands (Ky.)
Sr., Braine-l'Alleud, Belgium
• Parent helped fifth-ranked Cumberlands to six wins in six events at the Mid-South Conference (MSC) Championship on Feb. 6-7.
• The Braine-l'Alleud, Belgium, native was victorious in three individual races and helped her team earn first-place finishes in three relay races.
• She broke meet records in each event, most notably her 100-yard backstroke (57.06) and 800-yard freestyle relay (8:14.62).
• Parent was named MSC Women’s Swimmer of the Year.
• This is the senior’s first national honor.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
For more information on NAIA Women’s Swimming & Diving, click here.
2014-15 Women's Swimming & Diving Composite Award Winners (Schedule)
January: Lisa Tixier, Biola (Calif.)
Feb. 4: Baliee Blankemeier, Concordia (Calif.)
Feb. 25: Charlotte Parent, Cumberlands (Ky.)