2015 NAIA Menís Tennis Player of the Week Ė No. 6 (April 29)
By Mike DeVader, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Jordan Cox of Georgia Gwinnett has been named the NAIA National Men's Tennis Player of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. He was selected based on his performances from April 20 – 26 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Tennis Player of the Week
Jordan Cox, Georgia Gwinnett
So., Sarasota, Fla.
• In his final duel of the regular-season, Cox helped his top-ranked squad run away from NCAA Division III Emory (Ga.), 8-1, at home in the GGC Tennis Facility on April 21.
• The sophomore went 2-0 on the day, recording one singles match win and a doubles victory.
• In individual play, the Sarasota, Fla., native cruised to victory with a 6-0, 6-1 win over Alex Ruderman of Emory.
• Doubles action was much of the same, as Cox teamed up with Kevin Konfederak to take down the opposition, 8-2.
• Collects his first national recognition.
For the complete 2015 Tennis Player of the Week schedule, click here.
Nominees: Yann Herve, Missouri Baptist; Matt Porter, Reinhardt (Ga.); Kyle Johnson, Indiana Wesleyan; Razvan Dobrin, Hastings (Neb.); Alex Struck, Morningside (Iowa); Jose Daniele Razo Torres, Graceland (Iowa); Nesbert Vaval, Asbury (Ky.); Daniel Fraser, Cumberlands (Ky.); Denis Porcic, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Othmane Lalami, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.); Thommy Johansson, Northwestern Ohio.
2014-15 Men's Tennis Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 25): Carlos Becke, Embry-Riddle (Fla.)
Week 2 (April 1): Brendan Aguilar, San Diego Christian (Calif.)
Week 3 (April 8): Denis Porcic, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 4 (April 15): Pablo Vilches, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 5 (April 22): Stefan Kilchhofer, Vanguard (Calif.)
Week 6 (April 29): Jordan Cox, Georgia Gwinnett