NAIA Volleyball Players of the Week - No. 1
By Scott Barker, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Three players have been named national Players of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Viterbo’s (Wis.) Natalie Geidel and Jennifer Krentz won Attacker and Defender of the week, while Ally Krus of Missouri Baptist is the setter of the week. These three were selected based on their performances from Aug. 31 to Sept 7 and were chosen out of a pool of conference player of the week selections.
National Attacker of the Week
Natalie Geidel, Viterbo (Wis.)
So., MH, West Bend, Wis.
- Led the V-Hawks to a 4-0 week, including wins over then-No. 10 Columbia (Mo.) (3-1), then-No. 1 Park (Mo.) (3-1) and then-No. 3 Missouri Baptist (3-2).
- Averaged 3.67 kills per set and a .369 hitting percentage.
- Ranks 17th nationally in hitting percentage (.365).
National Defender of the Week
Jennifer Krentz, Viterbo (Wis.)
Sr., DS, Watertown, Minn.
- Helped lead the V-Hawks to wins over three top 10 teams, by recording double-doubles against then-No. 10 Columbia (Mo.) (26 assists and 13 digs), then-No. 1 Park (35 assists and 26 digs) and then-No. 3 Missouri Baptist (26 digs and 29 assists).
- Averaged 4.63 digs per set and had a reception percentage of 0.913.
- Ranks 19th nationally in digs per set (5.3).
National Setter of the Week
Ally Krus, Missouri Baptist
Sr., S, St. Louis, Mo.
- Helped lead the Spartans to a 3-1 week with wins over then-No.23 Lewis-Clark State (Idaho), then-No. 7 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) and then-No. 19 Wayland Baptist (Texas).
- Posted double-doubles against Lewis-Clark State (48 assists and 10 digs) and Lindsey Wilson (58 assists and 13 digs).
- Averaged 11.41 assists per set which ranks her sixth in the nation.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week Calendar, click here.
Attacker: Mallory Dillon, Missouri Baptist; Richelle Prijic, Columbia (S.C.); Mattie Jo Johnson, Northwest (Wash.); Becky Deruiter, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Morgan Miller, Indiana Wesleyan; Ahlea Billis, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Alyssa Mason, Biola (Calif.); Priscilla O’Dowd, Midland (Neb.); Zyra Wright, Philander Smith (Ark.); Samantha Voils, Missouri Valley; Aspen Sheperd, Haskell (Kan.); Emily Wineinger, Clarke (Iowa); Emma Feierabend, Friends (Kan.); Mallory Livingston, Indiana East; Maci Lerno, Cumberland (Tenn.); Alysha Blanco, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Shayla Hawkins, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Kyra White, Coastal Georgia; Marisa Markus, St. Thomas (Fla.); Autumn VanKirk, Concordia (Mich.).
Defender: Haley Pouliezos, Missouri Baptist; Ana Calaza, Union (Ky.); Isabelle Statkus, Eastern Oregon; Hannah Collins, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Marlowe Beatty, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Brooke Meyers, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Kami Troesh, Westmont (Calif.); Summer Jansen, Dordt (Iowa); Darian Harris, Xavier (La.); Morgan Smith, Evangel (Mo.); Raquel Aquino, Haskell (Kan.); Haley Thompson, Kansas Wesleyan; Madison Yoder, Indiana East; Kara Snell, Cumberland (Tenn.), Gayle Lockett, Wiley (Texas); Emmalee Smith, SAGU (Texas); Alyssa Keeve, Costal Georgia; Jordan Wiese, St. Thomas (Fla.); Amber Carmean, Cornerstone (Mich).
Setter: Jessica Davenport, Milligan (Tenn.); Waverly Green, Oregon Tech; Renee Enz, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Laken Chaney, Grace (Ind.); Emily Russell, Montana State-Northern; Ashlyn Riding, San Diego Christian (Calif.); Jessica Peters, Midland (Neb.); Samantha (Comet) Morre, Philander Smith (Ark.); Jenna Sackman, Baker (Kan.); Jenna Arlow, Sterling (Kan.); Emily Meng, Point Park (Pa.); Makenzie Montano, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Beth Walker, Bellevue (Neb.); Jessica Izquierdo, Wiley (Texas); Caitlin Paschall, SAGU (Texas); Cayley Meiners, Coastal Georgia; Dana Nowaczyk, St. Thomas (Fla.); Hope Leppink, Cornerstone (Mich.).
2015 NAIA Volleyball Players of the Week (Complete Schedule)
Week 1 (Sept. 8) – Attacker: Natalie Geidel, Viterbo (Wis.); Defender: Jennifer Krentz, Viterbo (Wis.); Setter: Ally Krus, Missouri Baptist.