By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Isaac Huerta of Goshen (Ind.) and Logan Miller of Lyon (Ark.) have been named NAIA National Men’s Soccer Players of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. These two were selected based on their performances from Sept. 29 - Oct. 4 and were chosen out of a pool of conference and Association of Independent Institution player of the week selections.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Isaac Huerta, Goshen (Ind.)
Fr., F, Goshen, Ind.
• Scored overtime game winners in each of his matches to help his team to a 2-0 week, including a win over No. 24 Spring Arbor (Mich.) – the program’s first victory against a Top 25 opponent since 2012.
• Tallied three total goals en route to six points last week.
• This is his first career Player of the Week honor.
National Defender of the Week
Logan Miller, Lyon (Ark.)
Sr., GK, Quincy, Ill.
• Posted two shutouts last week with an average of 6.50 saves per match.
• Posted five saves against Williams Baptist (Ark.) and eight saves in a key road win at William Woods (Mo.) totaling his saves to 13 this past week.
• Improved to 8-0-1 on the year.
• He ranks No. 2 in the nation in goals against per-game (0.21).
• This is her first career Player of the Week honor.
Offensive Nominees: Mitchell Conning, Columbia (Mo.); Andre Scott, Union (Ky.); Emerson Roque, Antelope Valley (Calif.); Tanner Williams, Evergreen (Wash.); Oscar Gaytan, Roosevelt (Ill.); Luke Kadillak, Vanguard (Calif.); Landon Sibole, Northwestern (Iowa); Lucas Machado, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.); Ross Anderson, Ottawa (Kan.); Sam Laughton, WVU Tech; Josh Armstrong, Cumberland (Tenn.); Jonus Starkus, Bellevue (Neb.); Edrian Negrete, Southwest (N.M.); Logan Stewart, Oklahoma City; Tomide Adabale, Dalton State (Ga.); Severin Abt, Thomas (Ga.); Sergio Royo, Northwestern Ohio
Defensive Nominees: Marcelo Mercuri, Union (Ky.); Bernardo Garcia, UC Merced; Joe White, Warner Pacific (Ore.); Jesus Velasco, Roosevelt (Ill.); Josh Goepper, Indiana Wesleyan; Casey Phillips, The Master's (Calif.); Alex Guyer, Hastings (Neb.); Amer Didic, Baker (Kan.); Edward Maya, Ottawa (Kan.); Hunter Moles, WVU Tech; Bennet Strutz, Cumberland (Tenn.); Jonathon Callaghan, Bellevue (Neb.); Brian Redmond, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Chris Muter, Southwestern Christian (Okla.); Diego Gonzalez, Dalton State (Ga.); Liam Traynor, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Jose Cedillo, Lourdes (Ohio)
2015-16 Men's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (Sept. 09): Robbie Barnhill, Grace (Ind.) , Aleksi Pahkasalo, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 2 (Sept. 16): Clark Lydon, Marymount (Calif.) , Brent Rodden, Siena Heights (Mich.)
Week 3 (Sept.. 23): Marcel Schmid, Madonna (Mich.) , Sergio Royo, Northwestern Ohio
Week 4 (Sept. 30): Adam Holt, John Brown (Ark.) , Aleksi Pahkasalo, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 5 (Oct. 07): Logan Miller, Lyon (Ark.) , Isaac Huerta, Goshen (Ind.)