By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Clemens Patzold of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) has been named the NAIA Men’s Swimmer of the Month, the national office announced Wednesday. Patzold was selected for his performance from the beginning of the season through Dec. 13. This is the first swimming honor of the 2015-16 season. The second national award will be announced Jan. 20. Nominations from any of the 26 institutions that sponsor the sport are due to the national office by 5 p.m. CST on Jan. 19
National Swimmer of the Month
Clemens Patzold, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Fr., Ratzeburg, Germany
• Has competed in 36 events on the year winning 22 of them either as a relay or an individual.
• Has achieved 34 national standard times out of the 36 events competed in, including 26 national “A” marks and eight national “B” standards.
• Has won 17-of-19 duel competitions he has competed in, helping the Blue Raiders men’s team to a 6-1 duel record on the year.
• Set seven new school records, including 100-yard backstroke, 200-yard backstroke and 400-yard IM individual events, along with the 200-yard freestyle relay, 200-yard medley relay, 400-yard medley relay and the 800-yard freestyle relay team events.
• This is Patzold’s first national award.
Nominees: Bart Sommeling, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Ivar de Jong, Union (Ky.); Calvin Price, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Keith Jessee, Asbury (Ky.); Vladislav Khoroletc, Cumberlands (Ky.); Bjoern Globke, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Joel Ax, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Igor Dos Santos, Thomas (Ga.).
2015-16 Men’s Swimming & Diving Composite Award Winners
December: Clemens Patzold, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)