NAIA Menís Basketball Division II Player of the Week Ė No. 1 (Jan. 5)
By Scott Barker, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Ilya Ilyayev of St. Francis (Ill.) was named NAIA Men’s Basketball Division II National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Ilyayev was selected for his play during the week of Dec. 28 – Jan. 3 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Men’s Basketball Division II Player of the Week
Ilya Ilyayev, St. Francis (Ill.)
Sr., F, Los Angeles, Calif.
• Led the Fighting Saints to a 2-0 week, including an 88-78 win over then-No. 5 Cornerstone (Mich.) on Dec. 30 and 75-55 victory over NCAA-Division II Lewis (Ill.)
• Recorded a double-double in both games - Cornerstone (24 points, 13 rebounds and four assists) and Lewis (24 points, 17 rebounds and two assists).
• Averaged 24.0 points, 15.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists.
• Shot 56.3 percent from 3-point range (9-of-16).
• Ranks in the top 20 nationally in four categories – 11th in defensive rebounds per game (7.1), 11th in points per game (23.5), 11th in total scoring (330 total points) and 20th in total rebounds per game (9.2).
• He has recorded five double-doubles this season.
For a complete list of all the Men’s Basketball Division II statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Leland Robinson, Tennessee Wesleyan ; Bryce Lienhoop, Saint Francis (Ind.) ; June Prowell, Waldorf (Iowa) ; Kendall Ferguson, Hastings (Neb.) ; D.d. Joiner, Rio Grande (Ohio) ; Jake Bullock, Aquinas (Mich.) ; Joey Nebeker, College of Idaho ; Eddie Delegal, Warner (Fla.) ; Grant Greenberg, Saint Mary (Kan.) ; Franky Teran, Antelope Valley (Calif.)
2015-16 Men's Basketball Division II Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 5): Ilya Ilyayev, St. Francis (Ill.)