NAIA Division I Menís Basketball Player of the Week Ė No. 2 (Jan. 12)
By Scott Barker, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Corday Sims of Peru State (Neb.) was named NAIA Men’s Basketball Division I National Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Sims was selected for his play during the week of Jan. 4 – 10 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Corday Sims, Peru State (Neb.)
6-5 Sr., G, Chicago, Ill.
• Averaged 24.0 points per game to lead the Bobcats to 2-0 week.
• Recorded 23 points and nine rebounds in an upset win over then-No. 19 MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.), 97-94.
• Shot 40 percent (6-of-15) from the behind the three-point arc and 82 percent (14-of-17) from the free throw line for the week.
• Ranks No. 4 in the NAIA in total scoring (356), No. 5 in points per game (23.7) and No. 10 in three-point field goal made per game (3.1).
• Leads the team in scoring and total points and is second on the team in steals (20) and total rebounds (110).
• This is his first-career National Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the Division I Men’s Basketball statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Morris Wright, Xavier (La.) ; Tre Boutilier, Cumberlands (Ky.) ; Terrell Jones, Langston (Okla.) ; Deon Pettigrew, William Woods (Mo.) ; Cammie Lewis, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) ; Johnny Griffin Jr., Loyola (La.) ; James Still, Southwestern Christian (Okla.) ; Darius Clement, William Jessup (Calif.)
2015-16 Division I Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 5): Xavielle Brown, Park (Mo.)
Week 2 (January 12): Corday Sims, Peru State (Neb.)