By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Lindsey Burd of Campbellsville (Ky.) was named the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Burd was selected for her performance during the week of Jan. 11 – 17 and was selected out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Lindsey Burd, Campbellsville (Ky.)
Sr., F, Hardyville, Ky.
• Tallied two double-doubles this week, one in a win against then-No. 17 Pikeville (Ky.).
• Scored a career-high 39 points and grabbed 10 rebounds against Cumberlands (Ky.).
• Finished the week with a 75 percent free throw percentage along with hitting 58.3 percent from the floor.
• Averages 28.5 points a game, 10.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists this week.
• Helped her team to a 2-0 week, which continues its win streak to 12-0. Ranks seventh in the NAIA in total scoring (308) and total rebounds (157) and tenth in field goal percentage (0.52).
• This is her first career player of the week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division I statistical leaders, click here.
For a complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Taylor Maricle, LSU Alexandria; Kyeshia Dawkins, Edward Waters (Fla.); Alexis Hardaway, Bethel (Tenn.); Randi Lee Plunkett, Culver-Stockton (Mo.); Corri Hamilton, Columbia (Mo.); Natalee Faupel, Montana State-Northern; Demoria White, Biola (Calif.); Katelynn Threats, Texas Wesleyan; Crystal Owens, Allen (S.C.); Dekoya Mack, Allen (S.C.)
2015-16 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 06): Sarai Rodriguez, Mid-America Christian (Okla.)
Week 2 (January 13): Aundrea Matchen, Pikeville (Ky.)
Week 3 (January 20): Lindsey Burd, Campbellsville (Ky.)