By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kelli Tolar of Mid-America Christian (Okla.) was named the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Tolar was selected for her performance during the week of Jan. 25-31 and was selected out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Kelli Tolar, Mid-America Christian (Okla.)
5-8, Sr., G, San Antonio, Texas
• Pulled in a school-record 43 points to lead her team to a 79-70 victory over Science & Arts (Okla.), Jan. 26. Also, recorded 11 rebounds, three assists, two blocks and two steals in the game. This is her fourth double-double of the season.
• Averaged 27.3 points, six rebounds, 1.7 assists, one block and 1.3 steals this week.
• Shot 84 percent from the charity stripe.
• Hit a team-high 57 threes on the season.
• Leads her team and is third in the NAIA in points per game (21.6).
• Ranks No. 1 in 3-point field goals made per game (3.4).
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division II statistical leaders, click here.
For a complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Alyssa Ward, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Brionna Taylor, Martin Methodist (Tenn.); Katie Estey, Carroll (Mont.); Rilea Huff, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Macy Wallisch, Baker (Kan.); Lindsey Burd, Campbellsville (Ky.); Madison Austin, Arizona Christian; Brionna Missouri, Voorhees (S.C.); Juquecia Chaney, Philander Smith (Ark.).
2015-16 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 06): Abbey Hengesbach, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)
Week 2 (January 13): Charnelle Reed, St. Francis (Ill.)
Week 3 (January 20): Deaundra Young, College of Saint Mary (Neb.)
Week 4 (January 26): Mikayla Leyden, Saint Xavier (Ill.)
Week 5 (February 03): Kelli Tolar, Mid-America Christian (Okla.)