By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Jessica Tietz of Morningside (Iowa) was named the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Tietz was selected for her performance during the week of Feb. 8-14 and was selected out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Jessica Tietz, Morningside (Iowa)
Sr., F, Bancroft, Neb.
• Scored a career-high 32 points behind a 10-for-13 shooting performance from the field in a win against then-No. 16 Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.), 80-74.
• Averaged 24.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.5 blocks and 1.0 steals on the week.
• Went 17-of-25 from the charity stripe, resulting in a 68 percent average on the week.
• Recorded 80 percent field goals made (16-of-20).
• Leads the NAIA in field goal percentage (63).
• This is her first career player of the week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division II statistical leaders, click here.
For a complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Tia King, Indiana East; Ashton Bruner, McPherson (Kan.); Megan Billingsby, Bryan (Tenn.); Mackenzie Huber, Valley City State (N.D.); April Watson, Siena Heights (Mich.); Jamesha Willis, St. Thomas (Fla.); Cassidy Deno, Purdue Calumet (Ind.); Autumn Durand, Southern Oregon; Gabby Williams, Goshen (Ind.); Ariel Barnes, Pacific Union (Calif.)
2015-16 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 06): Abbey Hengesbach, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)
Week 2 (January 13): Charnelle Reed, St. Francis (Ill.)
Week 3 (January 20): Deaundra Young, College of Saint Mary (Neb.)
Week 4 (January 27): Mikayla Leyden, Saint Xavier (Ill.)
Week 5 (February 03): Becca Sabol, Madonna (Mich.)
Week 6 (February 10): Deaundra Young, College of Saint Mary (Neb.)
Week 7 (February 16): Jessica Tietz, Morningside (Iowa)