NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week – No. 8 (Feb. 23)
By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Jordan Giddings of St. Francis (Ill.) was named the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday. Giddings was selected for her performance during the week of Feb. 15-21 and was selected out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
Division II Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Jordan Giddings, St. Francis (Ill.)
Jr., F/C, Rock Falls, Ill.
• Scored 40 points in a win against Olivet Nazarene (Ill.), (128-125) that was the seventh-highest single game total in the NAIA this season.
• Averaged 23.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, 1.0 assists and 3.5 steals.
• Shot an 81 percent from the charity stripe (9-11)
• Connected on 17-of-23 field goals ending the week with 73 percent from the field.
• As a forward, she pulled in 4-of-7 3-point field goals for a 74 percent.
• This is her first player of the week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division II statistical leaders, click here.
For a complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Julie Whitfill, Brescia (Ky.); Jordan Asher, Northwest (Wash.); Haley Cook, Indiana Tech; Shann Sellers, Friends (Kan.); Brooke Ridley, Saint Francis (Ind.); Allison Jones, Milligan (Tenn.); Jessi Corrick, Briar Cliff (Iowa); Supavadee Kunchuan, St. Thomas (Fla.); Georgia Williams, Valley City State (N.D.); Shelby Howard, UC Merced
2015-16 Division II Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (January 06): Abbey Hengesbach, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)
Week 2 (January 13): Charnelle Reed, St. Francis (Ill.)
Week 3 (January 20): Deaundra Young, College of Saint Mary (Neb.)
Week 4 (January 27): Mikayla Leyden, Saint Xavier (Ill.)
Week 5 (February 03): Becca Sabol, Madonna (Mich.)
Week 6 (February 10): Deaundra Young, College of Saint Mary (Neb.)
Week 7 (February 16): Jessica Tietz, Morningside (Iowa)
Week 8 (February 24): Jordan Giddings, St. Francis (Ill.)