2016 NAIA Menís Tennis Player of the Week Ė No. 3 (April 6)
By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Luis Vivas of Auburn Montgomery (Ala.) has been named the NAIA National Men's Tennis Player of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. He was selected based on his performances from March 28- April 3 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Tennis Player of the Week
Luis Vivas, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.)
Sr., Caracas, Venezuela
• Moved to 15-1 on the season in singles and pushed his win streak to seven after winning four matches.
• Boasts a 13-2 record in doubles with partner Francisco Mendieta after going 4-0 on the week.
• Claimed victory in both singles and doubles against No. 16 Middle Georgia State and No. 22 Cumberland (Tenn.). Also, helped team to victory against NCAA Division II Young Harris (Ga.).
• Helped team to a 4-0 on the week en route to a 12-4 mark overall.
• This is his first career player of the week honor.
Nominees: Corey Thompson, St. Louis Pharmacy (Mo.); Marcos Constantino, William Woods (Mo.); Rafa Hewett, Point (Ga.); Matias Yanez, Milligan (Tenn.); Jonathan Moment, Judson (Ill.); Sebastian Gardejford, Doane (Neb.); Willy Pardos, Concordia (Neb.); Dakota Burns, Hastings (Neb.); Thomas Setodji , Xavier (La.); Kevin Konfederak, Georgia Gwinnett; Juan Mateus, Bethany (Kan.); Pascal Wawrzinek, Friends (Kan.); Hugo Ball-Greene, McPherson (Kan.); Seth Gard, Indiana East; Denis Porcic, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Ariez Heshaam, Cumberlands (Ky.); Gabriel Cleto, Mobile (Ala.); Nishanth Robello, Middle Georgia State; Rhan Burton, Coastal Georgia; Shaq Taylor, Keiser (Fla.); Kenta Naka, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Chase Peery, Aquinas (Mich.)
2015-16 Men's Tennis Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 23): Birkir Gunnarsson, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.)
Week 2 (March 30): Raul Mendez, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 3 (April 06): Luis Vivas, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.)