2016 NAIA Women’s Tennis Player of the Week – No. 3 (April 6)
By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Angelica Sepulveda of Cumberland (Tenn.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Tennis Player of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. She was selected based on her performances from March 28 – April 3 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Tennis Player of the Week
Angelica Sepulveda, Cumberland (Tenn.)
Sr., Bucaramanga, Colombia
• Swept eight of her matches on the week, four in singles play and four in doubles action with partner Tarsha de Souza.
• Defeated No. 1 Auburn Montgomery (Ala.) Paula Diaz in singles play and doubles matches as well as Paige Smith of No. 19 William Woods (Mo.).
• Owns a 14-6 singles record and 19-4 doubles record.
• Helped team to a 2-2 week en route to a 7-7 overall record.
• This is her first career player of the week honor.
Nominees: Alba Salinas, William Woods (Mo.); Michelle Tulchinskaya, St. Louis Pharmacy (Mo.); Martha Wells, Milligan (Tenn.); Viktoria Monakhova, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Gabriela Demchenko, St. Francis (Ill.); Quincy Banini, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Morgan Meyer, Doane (Neb.); Sha'Nel Bruins , Xavier (La.); Lilian Blasque, Missouri Valley; Jennifer Luedtke, Ottawa (Kan.); Djurdjina Vrhovac, Kansas Wesleyan; Maria Prados, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Isabella Dale, Cumberlands (Ky.); Amanda Moore, Georgetown (Ky.); Majella Nobile, Campbellsville (Ky.); Mariah Plauth, Mobile (Ala.); Celine Lenertz, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.); Lorena Jemenez, William Carey (Miss.); Ana Pinto, Keiser (Fla.); Cassandra Lemieux, St. Thomas (Fla.)
2015-16 Women's Tennis Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 23): Naomi Maehama, St. Thomas (Fla.)
Week 2 (March 30): Chiara Di Salvo, Georgia Gwinnett
Week 3 (April 06): Angelica Sepulveda, Cumberland (Tenn.)