2016 NAIA Menís Golfer of the Week Ė No. 3 (April 6)
By Scott Barker, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Dillion Board of Coastal Georgia has been named the NAIA National Men’s Golfer of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. He was selected based on his performances from March 28 – April 3 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Golfer of the Week
Dillion Board, Coastal Georgia
Jr., Jacksonville, Fla.
• Finished first out of 67 golfers at the Golfweek NAIA Spring Invitational April 1-3 in Howey-in-the-Hills, Fla.
• Shot two-under (72-72-73 - 217) par for the three-round tournament.
• Led the Mariners to a first-place finish, 17 strokes ahead of second-place William Woods (Mo.).
• Marked his second individual win this spring and fourth in five events for Coastal Georgia.
• The field consisted of several ranked NAIA teams, including No. 1 Wayland Baptist (Texas), No. 2 Johnson & Wales (Fla.) and No. 4 William Woods
• This is his first career national player of the week award.
For the complete 2016 Golfer of the Week schedule, click here.
Nominees: Erik Jonasson, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Dave Houlding, William Woods (Mo.); Lane Barbier, St. Francis (Ill.); Patrick Mudd, Purdue Calumet (Ind.); Cody Brandau, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Mitch Lamping, Taylor (Ind.); Charlie Phillips, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Nick Schad, Indiana Wesleyan; Cole Lorenzo, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho); Anthony Husher, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Ryan Keller, Culver-Stockton (Mo.); Shawn Cook, Missouri Valley; Franklin Crist, Indiana East; Marc Juggins, Bellevue (Neb.); Nathan Kapaun, Jamestown (N.D.); Steven Diack, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Dillion Board, Coastal Georgia; Felix Aberg, Keiser (Fla.); Carlos Ardila, Southeastern (Fla.); Brandon Bailey, Indiana Tech
2015-16 Men's Golf Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 23): Seth Sanders, Coastal Georgia
Week 2 (March 30): Louis Hirst, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 3 (April 6): Dillion Board, Coastal Georgia