By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Paige Murdock of SCAD Savannah (Ga.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Tennis Player of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. She was selected based on her performances from April 4 - 10 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Tennis Player of the Week
Paige Murdock, SCAD Savannah, Ga.
Jr., Boerne, Texas
• Teamed up with doubles partner, Camille Gbaguidi to defeat a duo from No. 12 Keiser (Fla.) at No. 1 doubles, 8-3.
• Defeated Ana Pinto of Keiser, who was 12-0 heading into the match 6-5, 7-5 to clinch the Bees second-straight Sun Conference regular-season title.
• Extended program’s win streak to 14 matches, while having a perfect 15-0 doubles record.
• Helped team to a 2-0 week en route to a 14-1 overall record.
• This is her first career player of the week honor.
Nominees: Hannah Dorey, Stephens (Mo.); Michelle Tulchinskaya, St. Louis Pharmacy (Mo.); Jovana Kasovic, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Abigail Allen, Milligan (Tenn.); Gabriella Demchenko, St. Francis (Ill.); Lori Haas, Purdue Calumet (Ind.); Alex Mella, Indiana Wesleyan; Maria Sunga, Marian (Ind.); Abbey VanDiver, Bethel (Ind.); Aileen Fuchs, Morningside (Iowa); Katherine Ternent, Nebraska Wesleyan; Brion Flowers, Xavier (La.); Breanna Feemster, Evangel (Mo.); Chiara Di Salvo, Georgia Gwinnett; Zoe Bouwmeester, McPherson (Kan.); Jessica Emoto, Tabor (Kan.); Angelica Sepulveda, Cumberland (Tenn.); Alex Shchipakina, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Sydni Grimes, Cumberlands (Ky.); Kelly Southwood, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.); Juliana Goncalves, Keiser (Fla.); Lea Jansen, Aquinas (Mich.)
2015-16 Women's Tennis Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 23): Naomi Maehama, St. Thomas (Fla.)
Week 2 (March 30): Chiara Di Salvo, Georgia Gwinnett
Week 3 (April 06): Angelica Sepulveda, Cumberland (Tenn.)
Week 4 (April 13): Paige Murdock, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)