By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Ariez Heshaam of Cumberlands (Ky.) has been named the NAIA National Men's Tennis Player of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. He was selected based on his performances from April 11 - 17 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Tennis Player of the Week
Ariez Heshaam, Cumberlands (Ky.)
Sr., Kuching, Malaysia
• Recorded singles victories against NCAA Division II Lincoln Memorial (Tenn.), 6-2, 6-3 and No. 18 Campbellsville (Ky.), (7-6, 6-4).
• Clinched an 5-3 team win with a victory over Zach Baulch and Vladyslav Ladygin of Campbellsville, (6-3, 4-6, 7-5) on senior day.
• Helped his team to a 2-0 week en route to a 11-6 overall record.
• Owns a 10-6 singles record and 13-3 doubles record.
• This is his first career player of the week honor.
Nominees: Ricardo Martin, Missouri Baptist; Jelmer Van Vliet, William Woods (Mo.); George Win, St. Louis Pharmacy (Mo.); Emory Deloach, Reinhardt (Ga.); Oscar Mancineiras Cornella, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Boris Peshev, St. Francis (Ill.); Nick Romano, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Chris Robbins, Taylor (Ind.); Mark Gueswell, Hastings (Neb.); Willy Pardos, Concordia (Neb.); Kyle Montrel , Xavier (La.); Heitor Garcia, Missouri Valley; Luke Morland, Georgia Gwinnett; Hugo Ball-Greene, McPherson (Kan.); Conrad Mascarenhas, Bethany (Kan.); Illia Filanchuk, Tabor (Kan.); Aquille Trotman, Asbury (Ky.); Bryson Mills, Indiana Southeast; Denis Porcic, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Enzo Douillac, Pikeville (Ky.); Vincent Dubosclard, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.); Sean Presti, Loyola (La.); Shaquille Taylor, Keiser (Fla.); Daniel Rueda, Northwestern Ohio
2015-16 Men's Tennis Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 23): Birkir Gunnarsson, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.)
Week 2 (March 30): Raul Mendez, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 3 (April 06): Luis Vivas, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.)
Week 4 (April 13): Gilad Berman, Georgia Gwinnett
Week 5 (April 20): Ariez Heshaam, Cumberlands (Ky.)