By Scott Barker, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Rupert Kaminski of Oklahoma City has been named the NAIA National Men’s Golfer of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Kaminski was selected based on his performances from April 11-17 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Golfer of the Week
Rupert Kaminski, Oklahoma City
Fr., Johannesburg, South Africa
• Finished first out of 48 golfers at the Arkansas-Fort Smith Hardscrabble Invitational on April 12.
• Shot ten-under-par (64-66 – 130) to win the two-round tournament by seven strokes.
• This was Kaminski’s second individual championship this season.
• Kaminski buried 13 birdies of the 36 holes.
• Led the Stars to their fourth tournament title this season.
• This is his first career national player of the week award.
For the complete 2016 Golfer of the Week schedule, click here.
Nominees: David Houlding, William Woods (Mo.); Erik Jonasson, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Matt Andrews, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.); Kaleb Gorbahn, Holy Cross (Ind.); Michael Perez, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Charlie Phillips, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Mitch Lamping, Taylor (Ind.); Ethan Luecke, Indiana Wesleyan; Renen Sahr, Midland (Neb.); Ferran Cortilla, Morningside (Iowa); Nolan Zikas, Concordia (Neb.); Myles Pfingsten, Grand View (Iowa); Brady Richardson, Oklahoma Wesleyan; Nick Anderson, Sterling (Kan.); Josef Loughlin, Bethany (Kan.); Taylor Suggs, Cincinnati Christian (Ohio); Florian Loutre, Cumberlands (Ky.); Fernando Arzate, Bellevue (Neb.); Chase Jones, Dalton State (Ga.); Lewis Scott, Northwestern Ohio
2015-16 Men's Golf Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 23): Seth Sanders, Coastal Georgia
Week 2 (March 30): Louis Hirst, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 3 (April 6): Dillion Board, Coastal Georgia
Week 4 (April 13): Matt Wells, William Woods (Mo.)
Week 5 (April 20): Rupert Kaminski, Oklahoma City