By Spencer Scheve, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. - Tia Sanford of Indiana Wesleyan has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week and Ashley Timmons of Spring Arbor (Mich.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Tia Sanford, Indiana Wesleyan
5-3, So., F, La Habra, Calif.
• In three matches last week, Sanford recorded eight goals and three assists, tallying 19 points.
• Sanford earned the first two hat tricks of her career in wins over Judson (Ill.) and Rio Grande (Ohio).
• She recorded a single game career-high eight points in a win over Rio Grande.
• Sanford logged a single game career-highs of three goals against Judson and Rio Grande and a single game career-high of two assists vs. URG.
• Ranks No. 12 in the NAIA in total points (19) and No. 14 in total goals (8).
National Defensive Player of the Week
Ashley Timmons, Spring Arbor (Mich.)
5-6, Jr., G, Toledo Ohio
• Timmons posted a career-high seven saves in 81 minutes to help lead Spring Arbor to a 3-0 shutout victory over No. 8 Martin Methodist.
• She recorded her fourth shutout this year and has allowed just one goal in nearly 450 minutes of action this season.
• Ranks No. 2 in the NAIA in goals against per game (0.2).
• Spring Arbor ranks No. 2 in the NAIA on shutouts this season (5).
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Emily Key, Park (Mo.); Nikki Bass, St. Andrews (N.C.); Andrea Sida, La Sierra (Calif.); Jamie Karch, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.); Michaela Kueffler, Carroll (Mont.); Alexis Von Schottenstein, Menlo (Calif.); Taylor Geis, Hastings (Neb.); Judith Sainz, Central Methodist (Mo.); Jen Rogers, Kansas Wesleyan; Skye Zimmer, Georgetown (Ky.); Jordyn Seidel, Bellevue (Neb.); Rhiannon Castle, LSU Alexandria; Kindsay Miller-riney, Midway (Ky.); Aspen Robinson, John Brown (Ark.); Nikole Cruz, Mobile (Ala.); Filippa Millqvist, Keiser (Fla.); Mariah Otolski, Aquinas (Mich.)
Defensive Nominees: Alexandra Lair, Missouri Baptist; Rachel Widdicks, St. Andrews (N.C.); Adrianna Cabral, Marymount (Calif.); Chelsey Nicol, Eastern Oregon; Camille Papelera, St. Francis (Ill.); Kayla White, Biola (Calif.); Marley Farrell, Midland (Neb.); Ashlynn Freeman, Central Methodist (Mo.); Renee DeAnda, Kansas Wesleyan; Amanda Howard, Campbellsville (Ky.); Laurence Rodier, Bellevue (Neb.); Kelly Cook, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Alyssa Capon, WVU Tech; Brandi Hutchison, Science & Arts (Okla.); Leah Corse, Mobile (Ala.); Elsa Netz, Keiser (Fla.); Regan Troff, Davenport (Mich.)
2016-17 Women's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (September 07): Abby Baravik, William Carey (Miss.) , Amanda Blixt, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 2 (September 14): Ebba Blomqvist, Keiser (Fla.) , Aubrey Schierbeek, Spring Arbor (Mich.)
Week 3 (September 21): Ashley Timmons, Spring Arbor (Mich.) , Tia Sanford, Indiana Wesleyan