By Nikki Sherrill, Communications & Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Three players have been named NAIA National Volleyball Players of the Week. Nicole Warren of Jamestown (N.D.) is the National Defender of the Week, Tessa Colden of Webber International (Fla.) was selected as the National Attacker of the Week and Carlee Baxter of Webber International is the National Setter of the Week. These three were selected based on their performances from Sept. 26-Oct. 2 and were chosen out of a pool of conference winners.
National Attacker of the Week
Tessa Colden, Webber International (Fla.)
Fr., OH, DeLand, Fla.
• Recorded three double-doubles on the week with 17 kills and 20 digs against Warner (Fla.) in a 3-1 victory, and 18 kills to go along with 12 digs in a win over USCAA Florida College. Her final came against USCAA Florida National where she captured 16 kills and 14 digs.
• Averaged 5.1 kills and 4.1 digs per match, while earning an attack percentage of .384.
• In the last match of the week, Colden counted 15 kills against Johnson & Wales (Fla.) to help the Warriors to a 4-0 week.
• Ranks No. 22 nationally in kills per match (3.9).
• This is Colden's first National Player of the Week honor.
National Defender of the Week
Nicole Warren, Jamestown (N.D.)
Sr., DS, Oakes, N.D.
• Racked up 63 digs during a 3-0 week for then-No. 22 Jamestown (N.D.), including a win over then-No. 18 Bellevue (Neb.) in the NAIA Match of the Week, where she had 36 digs with a serving percentage of .950.
• For the week, had a service percentage of .958 and a reception percentage of .951, and averaged 5.73 digs per match.
• In a win against Presentation (S.D.), Warren was a perfect 14-of-14 from the service line.
• Ranks No. 25 nationally in digs per match (5.4) and No. 32 in total digs (377).
• This is the second National Player of the Week honor for Warren.
National Setter of the Week
Carlee Baxter, Webber International (Fla.)
Fr., Daytona Beach, Fla.
• Totaled 159 assists in a 4-0 week for Webber International (Fla.), including 53 against Warner to match her career high. She also had 25 digs in the win giving her a double-double.
• During a win against Florida College, Baxter earned 39 more assists and four digs. The last two matches of the week saw the same high numbers in assists with 30 against Florida National and 37 recorded in a victory over Johnson & Wales (Fla.).
• Garnered an attack percentage of .214, while averaging 12.2 assists and three digs per match.
• Ranks No. 15 nationally in assists per match (10.6) and No. 42 in total assists (602).
• This is Baxter's first National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week Calendar, click here.
Attacker: Kristina Medanovic, Missouri Baptist; Angelica Arroyo, St. Andrews (N.C.); Jalin Yoder, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.); Amanda Miller, Eastern Oregon; Alyssa Bridleman, St. Francis (Ill.); Kristen Osborn, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Timi Severson, Montana State-Northern; Alyx Dunham, Biola (Calif.); Maci Coffey, Doane (Neb.); Carla Novaes, Talladega (Ala.); Cori Peterzalek, Mount Mercy (Iowa); Janaya Fox, Ottawa (Kan.); Janaya Simmons, Life (Ga.); Haley Glasoe, Jamestown (N.D.); Kendall Groff, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Mallory Morris, Cincinnati Christian (Ohio); Katie Inman, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Eloisa Sales, Bethel (Tenn.); Kendra Zwart, Cornerstone (Mich.)
Defender: Mallory Dillon, Missouri Baptist; Kendra Johnson, Montreat (N.C.); Cassandra Diaz, UC Merced; Holli Mullins, Eastern Oregon; Michelle Busscher, Trinity Christian (Ill.); Banner Rodgers, Indiana Wesleyan; Natalie Kassa, Carroll (Mont.); Rebecca Lowden, Vanguard (Calif.); Jill Bax, Hastings (Neb.); Amanda Perry, Xavier (La.); Ashley Miller, William Penn (Iowa); Jordan Halsey, Ottawa (Kan.); Jessie Pendleton, Campbellsville (Ky.); Miyah Keller, Wiley (Texas); Natalie Keene, Indiana Southeast; Terina Harris, Southwestern Christian (Okla.); Samantha Nichols, Mobile (Ala.); Michelle Calderon, Webber International (Fla.); Kendra Zwart, Cornerstone (Mich.)
Setter: Megan Huffman, Missouri Baptist; Shelby Enochs, Bryan (Tenn.); Brooke Wheeler, UC Merced; Rachelle Chamberlain, Eastern Oregon; Kelsey Johnson, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.); Haley Harrell, Taylor (Ind.); Jonni Dorr, Carroll (Mont.); Kayla Sims, The Master's (Calif.); Jessa Doom, Northwestern (Iowa); Ma-Kayla Johnson, Dillard (La.); Becca Thomson, Mount Mercy (Iowa); Adriana Skipper, Ottawa (Kan.); Nohema Garcia-Torres, Life (Ga.); Amelia Grahn, Viterbo (Wis.); Janelle Solis, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas); Hannah Barker, Indiana Southeast; Elisabeth Piroli, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Kaylee Ginnings, Bethel (Tenn.); Hope Leppink, Cornerstone (Mich.)
2016 NAIA Volleyball Players of the Week (Complete Schedule)
Week 1 (Sept. 6): Attacker, Priscilla O’Dowd, Midland (Neb.); Defender, Nicole Warren, Jamestown (N.D.); Setter, Meghan Birr, Lourdes (Ohio).
Week 2 (Sept. 13): Attacker, Wendy Romero, Park (Mo.); Defender, Taylor Holz, Bellevue (Neb.); Setter, Maddie Squiers, Bellevue (Neb.)
Week 3 (Sept. 20): Attacker, Peiyi Liu, Columbia (Mo.); Defender, Kendra Johnson, Montreat (N.C.); Setter, Amelia Grahn, Viterbo (Wis.).
Week 4 (Sept. 27): Attacker, Wendy Romero, Park (Mo.); Defender, Nora Darrhar, St. Andrews (N.C.); Setter, Sarah Bell, Georgetown (Ky.)
Week 5 (Oct. 4): Attacker, Tessa Colden, Webber International (Fla.); Defender, Nicole Warren, Jamestown (N.D.); Setter, Carlee Baxter, Webber International (Fla.).