Photo provided by Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) Athletics
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Chanel Roberts of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) has been named the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Roberts was selected for her play during the week of Jan. 9 – 15 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Chanel Roberts, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
5-8, Sr., F, Radcliff, Ky.
• In 22 minutes during an 89-62 win over then-No. 23 Pikeville (Ky.), Roberts brought in 15 points to go a long with three rebounds and one steal.
• In the Blue Raiders’ win over then-No. 15 Cumberland (Tenn.), Roberts cashed in making 10-of-12 shots from the field, good for a week-high 21 points.
• In total on the week, Roberts averaged 18 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.7 steals to help her Blue Raiders go 3-0.
• Ranks No. 9 nationally in field goal percentage (.563) and No. 30 in assist/turnover ratio (1.9).
• This is Robert’s first career National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division I statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Coneisha Smith, Jarvis Christian (Texas); Terralyn Dominick, Philander Smith (Ark.); Brittany Tackett, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho); Starla Daggan, Mobile (Ala.); Shaylen Robinson, Missouri Baptist; Luci Sarcone, Avila (Mo.); Dierra Ely, Science & Arts (Okla.); Claire Lamunu, Vanguard (Calif.)
2016-17 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 6): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 2 (December 13): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (January 3): Starla Daggan, Mobile (Ala.)
Week 4 (January 10): Jade Jones, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Week 5 (January 17): Chanel Roberts, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)