Photo by Bill Wood Photography
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kourtney Pennywell of LSU Shreveport (La.) has been named the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Pennywell was selected for her play during the week of Jan. 16 – 22 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Kourtney Pennywell, LSU Shreveport (La.)
5-10, Sr., F, Shreveport, La.
• Averaged 23.5 points, 12.5 rebounds and 3.5 blocks per game with a 61.3 percent (19-of-31) shooting percentage in LSU Shreveport’s two wins last week.
• Tallied her first of two double-doubles on the week – 24 points and 13 rebounds – to lead the Pilots to a 69-67 victory over then-No. 18 Our Lady of the Lake (Texas).
• Posted a game-high 23 points and 12 rebounds last Saturday in LSU Shreveport’s win over Huston-Tillotson (Texas), recording her fourth-consecutive double-double and ninth total this season.
• Ranks No. 10 in the NAIA in offensive rebounds per game (4.0) and No. 17 in total rebounds (169).
• Earns her second career NAIA National Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division I statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Lexus Bradley, Park (Mo.); Aniese Palmore, Montana Western; Tajanee Wells, Talladega (Ala.); Kayla Styles, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Kelsey Larson, Baker (Kan.); Di'mond Jackson, Loyola (La.); Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City; Demoria White, Biola (Calif.).
2016-17 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 6): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 2 (December 13): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (January 3): Starla Daggan, Mobile (Ala.)
Week 4 (January 10): Jade Jones, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Week 5 (January 17): Chanel Roberts, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 6 (January 24): Kourtney Pennywell, LSU Shreveport (La.)