Photo provided by Huston-Tillotson Athletics
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Mishae Roper of Huston-Tillotson (Texas) has been named the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Roper was selected for her play during the week of Jan. 23 – 29 and was chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Mishae Roper, Huston-Tillotson (Texas)
6-0, Sr., Akron, Ohio
• In helping her team to two victories on the week, Roper recorded two double-doubles during wins over Texas College and St. Thomas (Texas).
• Tallied her first double-double in an 80-58 win against Texas College when she scored 24 points alongside 21 rebounds.
• Her second double-double came during a 64-52 defeat of St. Thomas (Texas) with Roper cashing 26 points and pulling down 20 rebounds.
• Averaged 25 points, 20.5 rebounds, 1.5 assists, three blocks and one steal a game last week, while shooting 19-of-29 from the field for .655 percent.
• This is Roper’s first National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the Women’s Basketball Division I statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Nominees: Jasmine Brown, William Woods (Mo.); Montoria Atkinson, Tougaloo (Miss.); Brittany Tackett, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho); Di'mond Jackson, Loyola (La.); Jonessa Moore, Shawnee State (Ohio); Kristen Murphy, Benedictine (Kan.); Mikki Flores, Mid-America Christian (Okla.); Claire Lamunu, Vanguard (Calif.)
2016-17 Division I Women's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 6): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 2 (December 13): Daniela Wallen, Oklahoma City
Week 3 (January 3): Starla Daggan, Mobile (Ala.)
Week 4 (January 10): Jade Jones, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Week 5 (January 17): Chanel Roberts, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 6 (January 24): Kourtney Pennywell, LSU Shreveport (La.)
Week 7 (January 31): Mishae Roper, Huston-Tillotson (Texas)