By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. – Randy Ventura of Science & Arts (Okla.) has been named the NAIA National Baseball Player of the Week and Nolan Krivijanski of Point Park (Pa.) has been named the NAIA National Baseball Pitcher of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. The second players of the week will be announced on March 28.
Baseball Player of the Week
Randy Ventura, Science & Arts (Okla.)
6-0, Sr., OF, Carolina, Puerto Rico
• Helped the 17th ranked Drovers go 4-0, including a three game sweep over Wayland Baptist (Texas).
• Ventura went 12-for-17 (.706) at the plate including one double, two triples and two home runs for the week.
• He hit for the CYCLE (single, double, triple and a home run) in USAO's 21-1 win over Wayland Baptist.
• Posted a 1.353 slugging percentage for the week.
• Ranks second in the Sooner Athletic Conference with a .466 batting average.
Baseball Pitcher of the Week
Nolan Krivijanski, Point Park (Pa.)
6-5, Sr. P, West Mifflin, Pa.
• Pitched a seven-inning no-hitter, as Krivijanski led the Pioneers to a 1-0 win over Cincinnati Christian (Ohio).
• Faced 21 batters that wound up with 13 groundballs and no errors on the defense.
• Recorded two strikeouts in the no-no.
• Krivijanski is 3-1 with an ERA of 2.88 in 25 innings this season. .
For the complete national player of the week award, click here.
For a complete listing of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
Player Nominees: Drew Kitson, Missouri Baptist; Chris Carden, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Austin Van Horne, College of Idaho; Tom Smith, St. Francis (Ill.); Clinton Stroble II, Goshen (Ind.); Jordan Getzelman, Menlo (Calif.); Joe Genoways, Morningside (Iowa); Michael Slaten, Benedictine (Kan.); Dylan Heitz, College of the Ozarks (Mo.); Austin Alexander, Georgia Gwinnett; Anthony Rosario, Stillman (Ala.); Chris Acosta-tapia, Oklahoma Wesleyan; Austin Krajnak, Cumberland (Tenn.); Kory Wolden, Jamestown (N.D.); Vaughn Shapen, LSU Shreveport (La.); Hector Quinones, Midway (Ky.); James Land, William Carey (Miss.); Marcus Begg, Webber International (Fla.); Brian Sobieski, Davenport (Mich.)
Pitcher Nominees: Cody Ebert, Columbia (Mo.); Chris Carden, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Riley O'brien, College of Idaho; Dan Darling, St. Francis (Ill.); Colin Eggleson, Taylor (Ind.); Dillon Eaves, Arizona Christian; Lucas Henning, Morningside (Iowa); Dariel Checo, Central Methodist (Mo.); Abram Cartledge, Georgia Gwinnett; Daniel Rubio, Friends (Kan.); Noah Gapp, Cumberlands (Ky.); Brad Bennett, Jamestown (N.D.); Neiko Yribe, Texas A&M Texarkana; Jason Braziel, Southwestern Christian (Okla.); Devin Smith, William Carey (Miss.); Brady Mintell, Webber International (Fla.); David Klug, Lawrence Tech (MI)
2016-17 Baseball Composite Award Winners (Pitcher, Player)
Week 1 (March 21): Nolan Krivijanski, Point Park (Pa.) , Randy Ventura, Science & Arts (Okla.)