2017 NAIA Women’s Golfer of the Week — No. 1 (March 22)
By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Courtney Lowery of Point (Ga.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Golfer of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Lowery was selected based on her performances from March 13 – 19 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Golfer of the Week
Courtney Lowery, Point (Ga.)
Jr., Greenville, Ga.
• Shot a 145 for a first-place finish out of 68 golfers in the Point University Skyhawk Invitational in Pine Mountain, Ga.
• Carded the best score of the Invitational in the first round, a two-under par 70.
• Added a 75 in the second round for a 145, one-over par total.
• Earned medalist honors for the third time this season.
• Tied the tournament best 24 even-par holes.
• Lowery finished one stroke ahead of Sam Burrus of Lee (Tenn.), the team champion.
Nominees: Leeah Shipley, Park (Mo.); Morgan Reimler, Columbia (Mo.); Christina Ressa, Marymount (Calif.); Alexa West, Marian (Ind.); Aspen Bryant, Bethany (Kan.); Tara Rodenhurst, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Shelbi Vincent, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Test Carlson, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Shelbi Vincent, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Lexie Fields, Indiana East; Natalia Ugalde, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Anna Reid, Faulkner (Ala.); Heather Gillenwaters, Mobile (Ala.); Caroline Griffin, Dalton State (Ga.); Rebecca Bostrom, Southeastern (Fla.); Liz Furniss, Lawrence Tech (MI)
2016-17 Women's Golf Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 22): Courtney Lowery, Point (Ga.)