By Nikki Sherrill, Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Theo Baudin of Northwestern Ohio has been named the NAIA National Men's Tennis Player of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Baudin was selected based on his performances from April 3 – 9 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Men's Tennis Player of the Week
Theo Baudin, Northwestern Ohio
Sr., Lyon, France
• Went 3-0 on a two-match day over then-No. 21 Cornerstone (Mich.) and Marian (Ind.), including two singles wins and a doubles victory.
• Helped UNOH to a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference season-opener win over Cornerstone with a 2-6, 6-1, 1-0 comeback victory in singles.
• In the second match of the day, Baudin and his doubles partner earned an 8-0 sweep over their Marian opponents.
• Secured a perfect day with a 6-2, 6-2 triumph in singles.
• This is Baudin’s National Player of the Week honor.
Nominees: Gianluca Muscolino , Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.); Oscar Barreiro, William Woods (Mo.); Daniel Blanchard, Point (Ga.); Carlos Clerins, Judson (Ill.); Anders Sandberg, St. Francis (Ill.); Salvador Lo Cascio, Taylor (Ind.); Vincent McShane, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Kris Kiland, Doane (Neb.); Tanner Sandvick, Hastings (Neb.); Abdul Alhamzawi, Missouri Valley; Mario Rincon, Kansas Wesleyan; Illia Filanchuk, Tabor (Kan.); Nicolas Wahl, McPherson (Kan.); Victor Ahlbeck, Campbellsville (Ky.); Denis Porcic, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Ryo Takeda, Georgetown (Ky.); Leonardo De Mello Couto, Cumberlands (Ky.); Ramon Puertolas, Cumberland (Tenn.); Joshua Turnquest, Asbury (Ky.); Hunter Wilson, Indiana East; Mark Simons, Mobile (Ala.); Vladyslav Ladygin, William Carey (Miss.); Ernesto de Diego, Loyola (La.); Josh Banks , Coastal Georgia; Casey Cable, Blue Mountain (Miss.); Sean Hajdu, SCAD Savannah (Ga.); Chase Peery, Aquinas (Mich.); Sam Rogerson, Davenport (Mich.)
2017 Men's Tennis Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 22): Radu Popa, Northwestern Ohio
Week 2 (March 29): Asad Siyyid, Point (Ga.)
Week 3 (April 5): Kevin Konfederak, Georgia Gwinnett
Week 4 (April 12): Theo Baudin, Northwestern Ohio