2017 NAIA Men's Tennis National Player of the Week - No. 6 (April 26)
By Nikki Sherrill, Athletic Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Jean-Marc Krone of Northwestern Ohio has been named the NAIA National Men's Tennis Player of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Krone was selected based on his performances from April 17 – 23 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Men's Tennis Player of the Week
Jean-Marc Krone, Northwestern Ohio
Sr., Amesbury, England
• Aided heavily in the Racers' 2-0 week as a team behind his perfect 4-0 week individually for then-No. 4 Northwestern Ohio.
• During his unblemished play, Krone did not drop a single set at No. 5 singles and No. 2 doubles.
• The biggest wins for Krone this week came against then-No. 17 Aquinas (Mich.), as he earned wins in both singles and doubles play.
• The play from Krone and the rest of the Racers this week sealed a third-straight Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference regular-season championship.
• This is Krone's National Player of the Week honor.
Nominees: Christian Barbieri, William Woods (Mo.); Alfonso Martinez, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Diego Pimental, Purdue Northwest (Ind.); Marty Pochop, Marian (Ind.); Jacob Macri, Bethel (Ind.); Tim Fischer, Hastings (Neb.); Danny Graves, Morningside (Iowa); Franco Poi, Southwestern (Kan.); Ahmed Lahlou, McPherson (Kan.); Victor Ahlbeck, Campbellsville (Ky.); Ramon Puertolas, Cumberland (Tenn.); Keaton Akers, Indiana East; Jonathan James, Indiana Southeast; Mark Simons, Mobile (Ala.); Vladyslav Ladygin, William Carey (Miss.); Maxime Rumeau, Loyola (La.); Sean Hajdu, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
2017 Men's Tennis Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 22): Radu Popa, Northwestern Ohio
Week 2 (March 29): Asad Siyyid, Point (Ga.)
Week 3 (April 5): Kevin Konfederak, Georgia Gwinnett
Week 4 (April 12): Theo Baudin, Northwestern Ohio
Week 5 (April 19): Antoine Richard, Xavier (La.)
Week 6 (April 26): Jean-Marc Krone, Northwestern Ohio